26th Of October, 2020

The last of the sunflowers are fixed in the jar, placed around the living room. Trails of petals leading to the porch, falling on a long piece of white fabric. They light the candles, peach and mint scented. 

Taehyun smiles in content, taking one last good look at the product of their hard work. The sun is starting to set, coloring the house in warm orange. 

"it's pretty."

"right?" Taehyun looks at Kai and Beomgyu. "what else?"

"Soobin Hyung is getting dresses." Beomgyu says. Looking past the staircase. "where are the rings?"

Hiyyih walks in from the front door, holding the door open, a blue box in her hands. "right here!" 

Beomgyu takes the box, setting that on the table while she drags the newly rented wheelchair into the living room. "the happy couple?"

"up stairs." Taehyun changes the flower arrangement again, wanting everything to fall in perfectly. 

suddenly, a tune starts playing. Soft and mellow, consists mostly of a piano and violin harmony. Beomgyu lowers the speakers, setting the right background music. Getting them in a formal, elegant mood, yet not in a distracting way.

"how's that?" 

"it's nice. Yeonjun will like it." Taehyun comments on the music. "speaking of." He hears the sound of steps going down the stairs.

"do I look okay?"

Yeonjun stands at the very last stair, fidgeting with his hands. He fixes his tie, opening one of 3 buttons he has on his suit. "maybe 3 is better?" he closes it again. 

"you look great, Hyung." Taehyun stifles a laugh, seeing Yeonjun so incredibly jittery. He wasn't lying, Yeonjun cleaned up good, with his hair styled, in a partly slick back. His shoes shiny and the only thing reminiscing of the night before is the cut on his forehead from the debris of the explosion. 

"really?" Yeonjun bites his lip, tearing the loose skin with his front teeth. 

"well, not if you do that." Taehyun notices the nervous habit Yeonjun has, and the elder stops at that second, pursing his lips together. "why are you so jumpy?"

"I told Soobin we should wait until he gets better, but he insisted." Yeonjun catches a glimpse of the wheelchair on the corner of his eye. he speaks to no one in particular, mumbling to himself. He scans the living room, in awe of the romantic setting. His heart only beats faster.

Yeonjun fidgets with the ring on his finger. They had both decided, after not too long of thought, that they wanted to keep the rings for the simple reason that they've been through too much not to keep.

Soobin shared how his ring kept him from staying strong throughout the days inside that small room, away from Yeonjun and the others. Away from the known. He gritted through the pain and mental torture due to the ring that grounded him, reminded him of his life with Yeonjun, the future he had promised the elder.

Yeonjun related, saying he held hope in his heart that Soobin was still wearing the ring. He felt their connecting through that small thing. He didn't tell Soobin that at nights, when he couldn't sleep, he'd hold the ring in his palm, wondering if Soobin is thinking about him as much as he does.

So instead of searching for wedding rings, they kept the engagement rings and sent Hiyyih to search for the two simplest rings, just for the sake of the ceremony. 

"I think Soobin Hyung is right." Taehyun sides with Soobin. "why wait? might as well do it while we still can."

Yeonjun squints his eyes. "what does that mean?" while we still can?