"West Side North Side, Didn't Know...."

Yeonjun bundles into Soobin. perking his ear to catch every soft, uneven breath coming from the other's lips. his finger latch onto the fabric on Soobin's close, as if by doing so he can make Sure the younger stays with him. he has no idea how Soobin survived that asthma attack... or rather, how he survived all of it.

suddenly, he understands what Taehyun has been through during those two weeks when Kai was bed ridden and unconscious. he remembers their conversation at the kitchen a few hours after Kai had woken up.

"i couldn't possible think, that after what happen his body will fight back-"

"so when he closed his eyes i thought he was dead... i thought he was dead..-"

those sentences. seemed so hopeless, sad and pained. he felt sorry for Taehyun, but he didn't truly understand what the younger meant when he said he had already mourned Kai, even after they had brought them back to safety and Kai's state turned stable. like he had deeply believed Kai was already taken away from him.

looking at Soobin's pale face, Yeonjun relates perfectly. he's there, in his arms, breathing, his body squirming on the ground once in a while as another blissful sigh of life. he's there, alive. so why does it feel like he's about to lose him again?

why does he feel the need to melt into Soobin to feel somewhat eased? like he somewhat has a grip of him, guard him, spend every millisecond staring at his frame to confirm he's still there.

on the side, he hears Hiyyih and Beomgyu faint discussion about ways they can escape the well guarded walls. their time window has long passes, and the doors are now closed shut, with no way out.

he can't be bothered to pay attention to their rushed conversation. his hand travels over Soobin's face, fingers grazing the soft skin of his cheeks, craving the same heat his body once had. it's barely noticeable now, unless he pressed closer, when he can feel the subtle warmness he longed for those passed black, cold days without Soobin.

"H...Hyu-Hyung.." Soobin's lips mouth slightly. it's too quiet, almost quiet enough for Yeonjun to miss the weak mumbling if he wasn't so laser focused on Soobin's face. the leader grunts in pain, swallowing thickly.

"Soobin?, did you say something, baby?" Yeonjun holds his hand tightly, showing that he's listening.

"the..." Soobin breaths out harshly. his chest going up and down from the effort to talk. his eyes flutter, trying to keep themselves from closing. he opens his mouth again, but no sound but a weak choked breath comes out.

"slowly.. Binnie, slowly.."

"..-Tubes.. th-they.." he pauses, making a pained expression. yet, he goes on. "making.. weapons.."

Yeonjun nods, encouraging Soobin to continue.

"H-Hyung... the weapons." Soobin looks earnestly into Yeonjun's eyes, even while tired Yeonjun can still feel the importance on Soobin's words in that one look of his. "they're selling.." he mumbles.

"they're selling weapons, baby? to who? who's buying the weapons?"

Soobin's face contorts in pain. falling sideways, his head hitting Yeonjun's chest. he hums lowly, suppressing a whimper.

"Baby.. stay with me." Yeonjun shakes Soobin gently. "come on, Binnie.. you're with me?"

Soobin nods into his shirt.

"who are selling weapons?"

"No... North.. "Soobin exhales.

"The North? Binnie, do you mean North Korea?" Yeonjun asks in a panicked voice.