The Combat Genius

"oh, Bin-ah." Yeonjun held his chopsticks to Soobin's mouth, knowing how much the younger loves the type of mushroom Taehyun had put in the broth.

Soobin opens his mouth obediently, chewing on the savory food.

"They have really good markets here.." Yeonjun informs with a smile. "Everything is so fresh. Maybe it's because we're on the rural side of the country.."

"Really? It explains why the fish is a lot more tasty too. We live near water now." Soobin reaches for another piece of salmon.

Yeonjun nods contently. Scooting closer next to Soobin.

"I found good meat supplements for Kai too."

"Have you noticed?" Soobin switched his legs on the carpet so he is facing Yeonjun rather than the table. he pushes his empty plate to the center of the table, focusing his attention on their conversation.

"His weight." Yeonjun guesses right away. "It's fascinating... I mean, I remember when we first met him. god, he was so skinny..."

"He grew a lot."

"it gives me a sense of satisfaction.." Yeonjun pushes his plate too. "to know that he's healthier with us, than he was with them."

"of course, you won't stop feeding the poor boy." Soobin laughed. but knows Yeonjun is only doing so out of love for Kai.

"well, it's hard not to when he looks so adorable with his cheeks all stuffed up. he's such a foodie." Yeonjun speaks with fondness about their youngest. "I can't imagine not spoiling him when he's such a baby...."

Soobin takes a moment, or... rather. a full two minutes to just look at Yeonjun. awed by how absolutely beautiful the man beside him is. and even more grateful to call him his.

"take a picture, it'll last longer."

Soobin smiles as he realizes he had been caught.

"come here.." Soobin pats his lap. moving the coffee table away from them to create more space for their legs to stretch. he takes Yeonjun's hand, and pulls his closer so that they're sitting facing each other.

the younger leans on the back on the couch, making sure they're both comfortable when he signals Yeonjun that it's okay for his to sit higher so that he's fully on Soobin's lap.

"Can't get enough of me?" Yeonjun teases when Soobin only stares at him harder. Now that their faces are closer together.

"Never." Soobin answers.

"Binnie-ah...." Yeonjun strokes Soobin's arm up and down.

"Hmm?"

"I know how hard it must've been, what you did earlier."

Soobin bites his lip, but says nothing. Which motivates Yeonjun to keep the praise.

He leans over, pressed against Soobin's body.

"You're so brave.." he whispers, hugging Soobin loosely. "My Bin.."

"You don't think It's pathetic...?"

"No." Yeonjun answers as if it's not even something to doubt in. "I think you're human, and sometimes, you're vulnerable. Sometimes you break. And that's okay."

Soobin doesn't say anything, but at that moment. He hugs back, wrapping his arms around Yeonjun frame.

"It makes you so much more admirable, Soobin. I love you so much for admitting that you're going through something."

Soobin buries his face into the crook of Yeonjun's neck.

"if anything..." Yeonjun smiles. "It was kind of hot."