Lockdown

Lockdown. intruders in the building.

Doors are shutting.

Lockdown. intruders in the building.

Doors are shutting.

"Fuck!" Yeonjun's hand trembles as he tried undoing the knots. he rips the last of the ropes around Soobin's thighs. "Taehyun-ah, Take Kai and go to the first floor. do whatever you can to get out before the doors close. I'll stay here with Soobin."

"Hyung-" Taehyun shakes his head.

"now! Taehyun, if they find Kai they won't let him go. leave, Soobin and I will manage." Yeonjun does not back down until he sees Taehyun close his eyes, and nod defectively. 

"hurry." Yeonjun mouths.

Taehyun leaves the room, Kai's hand in his. and they both run downstairs, hoping to make it in time.

Lockdown. intruders in the building.

Doors are shutting.

Lockdown. intruders in the building.

Doors are shutting.

the alarm blares in Kai's head, ringing. it's almost as if he can feel the vibrations of the loud speaker run in his body. 

"code red! code red! patient 001 has escaped. initiating full lockdown."

Kai shudders, almost expecting to head the facility's boss voice follows the loud alarm. he cowers over, blocking his poor, aching ears with his palm. pressing hard so that no noise will be able to penetrates.

"Kai? hey.. stay with me.. " Taehyun holds him upright, not letting Kai drop to the ground and curl into a ball. 

Kai shakes his head, dizzy with the sudden flashbacks of the past. 

he's dead.

he has to remind himself.

I killed him.

I killed him.

I took his last breath. I watched as he shattered into ten of thousands pieces. coated in thin ice.

but the alarm keep repeating. and Kai finds it impossible to walk straight, to see anything in front of him but the walls of the facility.

he's not there anymore. he got out. he escaped. 

so why, why does it look the same? why can he still hear the psychotic laugh in his ears, reminding him that no matter what he does, or where he goes, he will always belong to them.

"hey.. look at me. Kai.. "Taehyun shakes the boy, hoping to return the awareness back into his eyes rather than the dazed look they've attained. 

Kai falls over, holding onto the staircase's railing. his breathing is labored and uneven. the doves long gone, and the glow in his eyes fades completely. 

"look at me!" Taehyun yells, gripping Kai's chin and forcing the boy to stare into his eyes. "I need you to stay calm, Kai."

"H-he's after m-me.. " Kai's heart rate goes up rapidly, the loud heartbeats make it harder for him to hear anything but the constant alarm and his own panicked thoughts. his hands dig into the tiles, nails screeching on the surface. "they're T-taking me away."

he needs something to hold him down. 

"No one will ever take you again." Taehyun's words are stern, and slow. he says every word, and means it.