The Tattoo On My Ring Finger

knock knock

a few knocks break the calmness of the late morning. and just by the sound of them, Kai knew exactly who was at the door. the stiffness of his body, soon relaxing when he senses the other person behind the door. 

a few seconds after, the door opens a as expected. the person on the other end does not bother waiting for an answer before peeking their head inside.

on the floor, seating on a makeshift bed consisting of a puffy blanket and two white, plush, silky smooth pillows. Kai stares through the big glass window, replacing one of four walls in their room. the sunrise is fascinating to him.

the orange warm hue, coloring their bed, and a respectable part of the white tiled floor. peeking behind cotton-like clouds, them intertwined together. forming lines, and many other odd shapes, moving slowly across the sky, mixing with shades of pearl pink and soft yellow. creating a beautiful picture that he had been blind to for years.

but what is even more intriguing. is the endless water source he sees. rising from it, the sun, waiting to light another day. From his view, he can see the waves of the ocean clashing together, white foam separating them from the sand.

kai has heard stories about the beach, he just never thought it was as beautiful as this.

"Hey... can I come in?" Taehyun's honey voice filles the room, and in that moment, Kai think that there isn't one thing that could've made him more happy, than hearing that voice.

it filles his heart with the warmth it need, settling in his heart and sweetens his thoughts.

Kai hums, not taking his eyes off the big, clear window.

Taehyun smiles subtly, then goes to approach the blanket.

"why are you seating on the floor, Love?" Taehyun giggles, seating right next to Kai on the hard floor despite them having many other places designating for doing just that. 

Kai shrugs, body falling almost instantly onto Taehyun's lap, cheek against the elder's soft leggings. he stretches his body and legs throughout the length of the blanket laid on the floor, then goes back to curl into his body. hand wraps around Taehyun's thighs.

Taehyun instinctively reaches for Kai's long hair, carding his hand through it and enjoying the softness of the curls around his fingers.

Kai hums contently, closing his eyes to give into Taehyun's gentle touch. hands tightening around Taehyun's legs, fingers trailing the soft fabric.

"nice..?" 

the younger nods, scooting closer until his back is flushed against Taehyun's lower stomach.

they sit there, both content with each other's company. Taehyun doesn't pester about last night, and Kai is forever grateful for that.

despite Taehyun's endless curiosity. he does not ask about the mention of doves, or Kai's small breakdown. he had let Kai cool down after the fact, telling the other the young one is too tired to eat, and after a lot of convincing. (mostly of Soobin who protested that "we do not skip meals in this household!") They had dinner without him.

"what are you looking at?" Taehyun asks softly, slicking Kai's hair back from his eyes so that it won't poke them

Kai points to the distance. eyes focused on the clear blue sea they have full view of.

"the beach?" 

he can feels Kai nod into his clothes. the younger yawns, breathing deeply. for some reason, being next to Taehyun makes him feel twice as sleepy. maybe it's because the elder is comfy to roll up against. or it's Taehyun's vanilla and honey smell that calms his nerves in an instant.