BlueTooth

"Just trust your instincts, Oppa." Hiyyih instructs. "Whatever feels right, use the energy, and the kindling of your powers. Remember, this is not physical, instead of trying to force it out. Let it flow through your hands."

Kai then takes a big breath, a little discouraged that nothing seems to go right with his powers. Now that he had regained them in full, they came back stubborn and selfish than ever.

He extends his hand until it's in line with the height of his eyes. And aims his flames to the big rock sitting 2 meters away from where he is standing.

"Calm down." Hiyyih takes notice of his shaking hand.

"I'm trying, aren't I?" He snaps at her. The only person he is comfortable raising his voice at, and Hiyyih doesn't bat an eye. Knowing that compared to her brother's young version, this behavior is very mild.

With enough energy gathered at the tip of his fingers, he tilts his head aside, and pushes his wrist with a sharp movement forward.

This time around, instead of making a weak, hardly noticeable flame. Kai nearly lights the entire patio on fire. there's a harsh flow of cold air around the porch, and Kai's teeth knock together.

Taehyun backs away, not having expected that type of intense burst. While Hiyyih on the other hand, is struggling not to face palm herself at the 20th failure of the day.

"You are way too aggressive." She turns to a straight forward approach, after 2 hours of positive reinforcement and sugarcoating. She has her limits too.

Kai, instead of taking the criticism lightly, only gets more and more irritated.

"Whatever... " he mumbles. "Let's continue."

"I'm serious, Oppa." she crosses her hands on her chest, and Kai turns to her and it's evident on his face that he's trying to hold his frustration in.

"maybe.." Taehyun speaks from the sidelines. "we should stop for today." he eyes the way Kai's chest huffs up and down in pant up anger. this is a side of him Taehyun hasn't seen before, and it scares him.

the siblings both ignore his suggestion. simply glaring at each other with their bright, fierce looking eyes.

Kai eventually breaks the eye contact, and raises his arm again. his eyes glow brighter than even when stares that rock down. his jet black hairs poke his eyes, falling out of the half assed ponytail he did to avoid just that.

"Oppa.." Hiyyih is about to point out another one of his mistakes before he even started. but he sends her a sharp look that says not another word. so she paces nervously in her place, and keeps her comments to herself.

he knows he's just being extremally sensitive, but how can he not be. when the one thing that usually came so naturally to him, is stripped away from him, then comes back in an instant, only to get once again.. sucked out of him. and after 3 weeks of nothing, returns back.

and the one person, who is supposed to understand his struggles, never once got her powers tempered with. him and Hiyyih went through two, very different paths, that they are not even synced anymore.

the flames come out steady this time around. they begin with a small crackle, and then dance mid air, in a straight yet dynamic line.

Hiyyih looks at the steady flames with surprised eyes, but quickly catches herself.

"g-good, now, imagine them inching closer to the rock." she stares intently, trying to see when the flames will waver, but they still perfectly calm.

Kai concentrates on the line, imagining how it lengthens and stretches further. the amount of mental composure and concentration not to let the line lose control, takes most of Kai's energy, leaving him shaking like a leaf.