Home Sweet Home

"-in-ah.. Binnie. wake up.."

Yeonjun unbuckles Soobin's seatbelt, sliding his hands under his legs and back to move him out of the car. Soobin's eyes flutter, confused.

"where to, Hyung?" he groans weakly, nuzzling in Yeonjun's chest shamelessly. his hand pulses in pain. waking up from it's slumber, reminding him of his injuries.

"we stopped for food, you need to eat."

Soobin's stomach grumbles at the mention of food, demanding to have something weighing in his empty system.

"here, Hyung." Beomgyu points at a spot where they can lean Soobin on the big tree, in the middle of the bald place in the forest they had decided to settle in.

Beomgyu tears down the take out bags, beginning to deliver each their own order.

Yeonjun hands Soobin two white pills, offering some water with it.

Soobin takes them in a split second , swallowing them dry. he let's out a breath of relief, hoping they kick in fast. his hand is killing him more than anything, the pain is truly overtaking.

they all bat an eye seeing him snatch the pills from Yeonjun's hands without even asking him what they're for.

"how-"

"there was a pharmacy near the diner." Yeonjun explains, already knowing the continuation of the question. "here, baby. your favorite."

he gives Soobin a cheeseburger still half in the wraps. he takes it in one hand, his limbs shaking from hunger and exhaustion. the smell of the food makes him salivate in his mouth and without waiting he bites down on the burger, stuffing his mouth with ground beef with onions.

he tries not to let it show that he's starving but he really can't help taking another bite right after the first one, sauce dripping from the corner of his mouth. he wipes it off with his sleeve, not caring.

"can't you fart painkillers out of your ass of something?" Beomgyu says before demolishing a third of the burger with one bite. his eyes light in glee, it's been forever since he had a taste of a real, fast food cheeseburger and it was hands down the best he had ever had.

"I don't fart objects, jackass." Hiyyih glares, munching of a fry from Beomgyu's take out box.

"hey!" he talks with still his mouth full. his precious fries...

"that's for being stupid." she smiles in front of his pouty face.

Kai whispers something in Taehyun's ear and the elder's smiles a little bit.

"hamburger. it's Beom Hyung's favorite food." he gladly explains. "it usually had meat in it, but yours has mushrooms and beans, give it a try."

they quiet down, each eating the food like a reward after the events from the last 24 hours. they're still covered in dirt, dust and blood. ran out of water to clean themselves. from an outsider perspective, they might look like maniacs or a group of lost kids.. even though they were as far from lost as they could be.

now that they're all together again.

Yeonjun runs a hand on Soobin's shoulder, glancing in his direction once, twice, 50 times. he wants to tell him to slow down but he refrains. a possible stomach ache is really not that bad compared to the number of days Soobin hasn't eaten properly, it's best to let him have it for now.

Beomgyu pats down his stomach, leaning back in delight after finishing his food.

"I want to kiss whoever saw a beef patty and thought hey! that'll fit nicely with two squishy buns and a slice of neon yellow cheese."