Fraud Family

"You were beautiful!!" Beomgyu sings, or rather shouts at the top of his lungs to the pancake laddle.

"Your voice when you called me!!!" He swings his head back and forth to the music coming from the big Bluetooth speaker he had begged Soobin to buy when they first settled in the house.

"Beom can you-"

"Everythingggg! Everythinggg!!!" Beomgyu cuts Soobin dramatically, clinging onto the elder's hand while he flips the pan.

"Would you calm-"

"Everything about you wassssss!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!" He cries into the makeshift microphone, cognitive incorporated in his singing as he gets to the end of the verse. Beomgyu eyes are closed, immersed in his all tike favorite song.

If Day6 didn't make such a banger of a song maybe he'd be able to focus on what Soobin was asking of him. it's not his fault, it's the Day6 impact.

"Are you done?" Soobin debates whether he should get the ear plugs from the cabinet in the bathroom. But decides it's not as bad as doing so.

He wonders if living with Beomgyu for nearly 6 years has given him immunity to loud noise. That could probably be possible.

"Jeez, do you ever shut up?" Hiyyih goes into the kitchen, her eyes still slightly puffy from having just woken up.

She grabs the jar of coffee beans while giving the wannabe singer the nasty eye.

He stops singing, and leans on the counter.

"What's that?" He snorts, holding his laugh as he points at her hair roller. Holding her bangs back.

"The air here makes my hair flat." She explains without giving his snickering any reaction. "It's called self-care. Maybe you should do the same for that mop on your head you call hair." She air quotes the word hair and gives his offended face one last fake smile before leaving to read on the couch.

"If you can build shit, why don't you just build yourself a little house, and stay away from mine?"

"Beomgyu, language please." Soobin warns.

"As if you and Yeonjun Hyung don't cuss..." Beomgyu mumbles. "Why can't I?"

"Me and Yeonjun both grew in bad places. I don't want you ending up like us, if I can control it." Soobin explains calmly. "you are still salvageable. now eat your food, it's getting cold." 

Beomgyu sinks into the chair, the plate filled with fresh, steaming pancakes in front of him. he takes a few to his own plate, and drowns the round, golden and fluffed cakes with maple syrup.

what's wrong with ending up like his Hyungs? there wasn't one time where he had doubted them, for even a second. in his eyes, they were the best thing to ever happen to him, to them all. but maybe, just maybe Soobin didn't feel like that was the case.

"how is it?" Soobin finishes with the last of the dishes and sits right next to Beomgyu. ruffling the younger hair with affection in his eyes. "ya!" he looks at Beomgyu's plate. "are you having pancakes with syrup or syrup with a side of pancakes?"

"the syrup is the best part." Beomgyu argues back with a mouthful of the sweet breakfast. shiny syrup coating his lips.

Soobin sighs. maybe Beomgyu's speaking habits are salvageable, but his eating habits are far gone to save. he isn't even going to try.

"good morning..." Yeonjun walks in with his hair disheveled and sticking everywhere. his house slippers drag behind every step he makes, hinting that he was still drowsy from his sleep. he yawns, and gives Soobin a morning kiss.