Nightmares Of The Future

Yeonjun woke up to a ray of sunshine hitting his face. covered in the puffy white blanket, he stretched from his sleeping position, moaning when his back cracked just a little. 

he slumped back on the bed, hiding his face in the pillow and turned around to squeeze the life out of Soobin just like every other morning. the routing repeating itself every day gave Yeonjun something to wait for, something to long for. 

seeing the epitome of safety, his reason to live, sleeping against his back, wrapping his hands around him. those mornings, left Yeonjun with a sweet taste in his mouth.

he dreamed for days like those. 

waking up without a worry in his mind, to the person his heart belonged to.

living it as his reality, was almost surreal.

he opens his eyes fully, rubbing it from any residue of sleep. and scoots closer to the body beside him, holding onto Soobin tightly. 

last night.... scared them both.

it was his first time, seeing Soobin so utterly terrified. he could barely calm the younger down without the terror spreading to him.

Yeonjun backs away just a little bit, so that Soobin's face is visible. 

the younger's eyebrows are knitted together, furrowing just slightly. and even in his sleep, Soobin looks troubled. his lips are parted, soft breaths that land on the pillow his head lays on. his hair is messy, purple strands falling on his forehead and nearly reaching his eyes.

the elder sighs, looking at the younger's neck, still covered with red prints from last night. 

Yeonjun remembers clearly, the way the younger clawed at his airways, choking slowly on something that wasn't there.

"good morning.." Soobin mumbles, taking Yeonjun's hand in his whilst fluttering his eyes open. he pulls the elder close, locking him by swinging his own leg and wrapping it around Yeonjun's waist.

Yeonjun melts in the younger's hold, face planted in Soobin's care chest and hands warm against the other's back, sliding his fingers up and down the soft skin, making Soobin hum in content at the touch.

"good morning baby." Yeonjun says, his voice muffles due to him nesting his face deeper in Soobin's body, smiling subtly as his nose filles with the scent of their shared body wash and cologne.

there's something about being in Soobin's arms. sure, it's nice, and familiar. but there's something else... that Yeonjun doesn't quite know how to explain. maybe it's the way Soobin's locks him in, while still managing to create a place that is comfortable to be in. 

maybe it's Soobin's hands, that automatically go to hold Yeonjun's head, handling him with such delicacy, while still having the same assertiveness that is associated with the younger.

or it's the way Yeonjun's head clears up from all worries, the moment he feels Soobin take him in. it's the feeling that everything will be okay, as long as he has Soobin. as long as Soobin is within reach.

whatever is may be. Yeonjun wants more of it.

"what time is it..?" Soobin asks after several minutes of Him and Yeonjun in the same position.

Yeonjun strokes his fingers in soothing circles on Soobin's back, careful not to reach the bandges on the lower parts of the younger's abdomen.

"10-ish... I think." Yeonjun whispers, voice still hoars from the sleep he had yet to shake off of himself.

Soobin hums. Loosing the hold he has on Yeonjun's in favor of stretching his body.

"We need to talk.." Yeonjun says in a unusual, timid voice. "About last night, I mean..."