Manifest

Get up.

Soon enough, he's back on his two feet. Mind in disarray, he's not even sure where S.nake is. Just that he can't allow to be on the ground for more than 2 seconds.

He can't, he can't, he can't.

It's not a possibility, he has to get back up, every. Single. Time.

His depth perception must be fucked as well because when he does catch S.nake at the corner of his eye, and tries to avoid his attack he's certain he moved back enough for the fist not to hit him, but it does.

He stumbles, another blow to his head. Everything swims, blended, under saturated yet overwhelming at the same time.

The ground moves under his feet, tricking him, playing with his mind. Laughing at him each time he hits it with a loud thud.

"Disappointing." S.nake comments. "You used to be so strong, HyunJu.. what happened?" He teases. A hint of true disappointment in his voice.

Soobin could never forget. Their second night with Taehyun, the younger had opened up about feeling intimidated by him.

He was of course, grateful for the elder who had carried his outside of the burning farm, allowed him to stay with them until his back got better. But there was still some tension between the two.

When Soobin tried talking to Taehyun, asking him if there is anything bothering him. He, in a shy, reluctant way responded-

"You- I'm.. you just look a bit scary Hyung."

This wasn't new information for Soobin, who knew how others can perceive him at time. But at that moment, he stared at Taehyun for a few seconds, feeling slightly surprised.

"Oh..." is the only thing he could say. It has been a while since someone made that comment about him.

A week after that, he had made the decision to focus more on the cardio, endurance and agility side of working out rather than building muscles that ended up doing nothing but make him look.... well, scary.

So he toned down, compensating the loss in strength with other valuable stuff.

Valuable skills that he cannot access because suddenly his vision turns black. His back hits the floor, making a concerning noise. Something hot and wet pours down from his mouth.

The pain comes from somewhere, but Soobin's too out of it to point at where it is exactly. Only that he's down, crawling away before jumping back up. how he still has the energy to pull himself back up, he has no idea.

"That's more like it!"

His vision's gradually recovering. Revealing blobs of color and figures moving back and forth. he spits the blood flooding his mouth, the metallic taste bitter on his tongue. it's revolting.

his head's pounding, like a hammer hitting harder each time. it's heavy, persistent. stubborn. it wants him to give up, wants him to let go. he won't. never.

it's his turn to hold on.

"hmm.. " he collides with the wall, back cracking behind him. he holds down a cry, only grunting softly. he feels his body being picked up, and thrown over another wall. sliding down to the surface of the floor. nothing registers but the splitting pain in his head, it's almost unbearable.

his legs buckle beneath him, before stabling himself. it doesn't take long before he's on the ground again, writhing, coughing while counting to himself.

he's up, again and again. not fighting, but trying to survive. why does it feel like the match starting eternity ago. he doesn't want to keep going.

a blow to his chest, S.nake pulls his arm behind his body. Soobin screams in pain, tears of pure hurt in his eyes. his body's only a puppet played by the little will he has left. he doesn't bother going in position this time, he can barely throw a proper punch let alone aim it anywhere, S.nake's too fast, yet too slow. there and not there. how can Soobin tell when his vision shuts off completely.