The End Of Time

"connected.." Beomgyu repeats in a distant voice. "all of us?" he wonders our loud, saying, but not fully directing the question at anyone.

Hiyyih debates whether or not to answer his half wonderment, but decides to let the other digest the confusing piece of information first.

"are we... the only ones?" he suddenly turns to her with wide, shiny eyes.

"what do you mean?"

"this .. I don't know, bond..? are we the only ones sharing it?" his head returns back to staring at the front gate as he tries to make sense of it all.

"yes." Hiyyih bites her lip, sighing slowly.

"why us..?" the inevitable question comes, and she knows it's one that she can not avoid providing the answers to.

after a few, or rather, many minutes of silence, Beomgyu seems to come to the conclusion that Hiyyih may never give him the answer. he opens his mouth to ask again, a bit more desperate this time. but she beats him to it.

"I don't want to hurt you." she says.

Beomgyu looks down at his shoes, then at the stars again.

"I rather hurt than stay oblivious." he states with a firm tone. "I want to know, everything you can tell me... please, do."

"it's a long story." she tries to back out again with a half excuse, but he retaliates like always.

"I'm all ears.." he smiles. and she rolls her eyes.

again, there's a stop in the conversation's flow, and he assumes Hiyyih is searching for ways to start.

she opens her mouth, then shuts it. and does it again, and again. she sighs, and leans on the swing's metal rail.

"this is hard." she laughs quietly. "there's so much you don't know, I'm afraid I'll only confuse you more."

"why don't you start with.. the beginning." he offers.

"oh.." she says as if the relatively obvious choice hasn't come to her mind. "wait, that's a good idea, the beginning.. I like it." her words are unironic, and Beomgyu thinks it's amusing. but he holds his laughs, because it looks like she's finally ready to talk.

"San-Yeon hospital.." she blurts our randomly. "that's the hospital you were born in, right?" she asks, but it's evident in her tone that she knows the answer would be a yes. still, she asks for Beomgyu's sake.

"you know, when I said start from the beginning.. I didn't mean from the VERY beginning."

"you know who else was born in that same hospital? same floor, same delivery room?" she continues while ignoring his previous words.

he looks at her, with a curious, yet confused face. not sure how, or what that has anything to do with their current conversation.

"Soobin... and Yeonjun, with just a year difference. than you.. with 2 years. Taehyun a year after you, and Kai 6 months after Taehyun." she takes a deep breaths. and watches as his face turns even more confused.

"what.." he croaks out.

"I'll explain." she assures. "what I'm meaning to say, is that this bond is not random. he chose you 5, because you had some sort of prior connection-"

"wait." he raises his hand as if signaling her to stop. "I'm sorry, who's... he ?"

she smiles, and points up.

"god?" Beomgyu says with a sour face, and she smacks his arm.

"no, stupid!.." she sighs, and takes his hand. she wraps hers on his and points their intertwined hands little to the left from where Beomgyu thought she was pointing.