Return Of The Doves

After a lot, lot of time. Beomgyu successful coaxed Yeonjun into a well needed sleep. Although troubled, and with his eyebrows knitted together, Yeonjun drifts away to dreamland.

"How's he holding up?"

Beomgyu jumps, not having expected another one of them to wake up so soon.

"Scared the shit out of me.." he scolds Taehyun lightly.

the younger smiles apologetically, grabbing a glass of juice for himself, and sitting down on the couch next to his Hyungs.

he scans Yeonjun's tired, pale face. wondering if he even showered or slept last night after Soobin's disappearance.

"not great." Beomgyu answers with a sad smile. "I get him though. if it's hard for us, imagine how he must be feeling..."

Taehyun looks at Yeonjun, who is sitting, in a rather uncomfortable position, leaned against a big cushion and nodding away.

"what's out plan, then?" the younger asks, vaguely so. but Beomgyu knows what he means by it, since he said the exact same thing a few days after Soobin was arrested and put in prison. a week after that, they started planning the jail break that got Soobin out. 

even then, it took them 6 months to perfect their plan, and with a lot of worries, they decided it was worth giving it a shot.

but by the time they got Soobin out, he was already in a bad condition, curtesy of the other inmates who had beef with his father's business. but the physical scars were much easier to repair, with a lot of work from Beomgyu's side. it's the emotional damage Soobin had to heal from after being back stabbed by his own best friend that made the entire operation much harder than it needed to be.

"we wait.. for now." Beomgyu taps of Yeonjun's shoulder twice, guiding him to a more comfortable position. "Hyung, you will hurt your neck like that." he speaks to the sleepy man.

Yeonjun mumbles a few incoherent words, but eventually, lets Beomgyu pull him on his lap.

"we wait?" Taehyun repeats with a confused expression on his face. "for what?"

"shit, I don't know either Hyunnie.." Beomgyu then gives him a reassuring smile. "but we'll go through that, right? we always have.."

"right.." Taehyun seems a little unconvinced. the fact that they went through way worse, and survived doesn't make him feel a whole lot better. for some reason, it feels like it's not that simple. it's not just about Soobin.

the anxiety, that he had said goodbye to the minutes Kai woke up, creeps again, into his mind. whispering bad things and occupying his  mind.

"water.." Yeonjun flutters his eyes open. "can any of you get me water?"

Beomgyu looks at Taehyun, since Yeonjun in on his lap, making him half immobilized.

"ice?"

"yes." Yeonjun exhales. "lot of ice.." he straightens up.

"Hyung, you barely slept.." Beomgyu signals him to lie back down.

Yeonjun's waves his hands, as if to say that he's fine. but with not even 2 hours of sleep, and a bucket of separation anxiety. he kind of feels like shit. 

"is the AC on?" he looks up at the cooling system

"yeah.." Taehyun hands him a tall, clear glass consisting of 50% water 50 % ice. and he gulps it like a maniac, ignoring the worried looks from both Taehyun and Beomgyu as they watch a few drops go down Yeonjun chin.

the eldest looks at the AC with disbelieving eyes, seeing how it's set for the lowest temperature, yet he still feels hot.

before he has time to question whether the relatively new system is broken, Hiyyih joins them in the living room, and gives him a sympathetic smile.