Go Little Rockstar

"do you want to take a quick rest?"

Hiyyih's eyes are fixed at the road. she glances at Beomgyu who's sitting beside her at the passenger seat. a mixed expression of excitement, nervous giddiness and restlessness on his face.

He's a whole mess.

"it'll be a long ride anyways." she looks through the rearview mirror, disappointed yet not surprised that everyone is too jumpy and worried to fall asleep. "guys.." she sighs. speaking not only to Beomgyu, but to all of them. "this is a 6 hour drive. I get that it's not most ideal to fall asleep in the car, but I think it's best if you get some rest before we arrive."

Yeonjun's eyes are red and restless, leaning over the window, yet he can't seem to relax enough to let his body sleep. but it's not like anyone can blame him.

Taehyun goes over their plan in his head for what feels like the 10th time since they've started driving. nervous that he might've forgot a detail or two, or a loophole of sorts that can debunk the entire operation.

if only they had more time. he could've worked on something more concrete. there's just too much at stake.

Kai is by far the wild card in the car as of right now. the boy could not fall sleep even if he was forced to. and that says a lot considering sleep and him are close knit friends.

it's been a while since he last felt so on edge, and it's safe to say he did not miss the feeling.

Taehyun leans his head on Kai's shoulder, and sighs.

"are we sure about this?" he decides it's a smart idea to question the plan when they're already on their way.

"sure or not, we don't have time to overthink it." Hiyyih shuts him down. "so it's best to go with whatever we got, and hope for the best."

Beomgyu nods. he wants to say something positive, to cheer the group up, but a sudden groan from Yeonjun stops him.

the elder leans closer into the window, the cool glass pressed to his cheek. and he bites his bottom lip, closing his eyes slowly.

"Hyung.. " Beomgyu turns around for a better view. "are you okay?"

he nods.

"just a headache." he reassures. "it's fine."

he returns back to the window, and opens it up just a sliver, for the cool air to come in and relief the stuffiness in the car.

subconsciously, he toys with the ring around his finger. gliding his skin over the cool object. he can't help but wonder, did Soobin manage to buy his ring before he got taken?

unlikely.

but he'd like to think so. that Soobin holds onto the ring in the same despair he does.

he likes to think Soobin thinks of him as frequently even while he's hurt.

just how hurt is he? just how far did they go with the younger?

Soobin's fragile. not many people know just how much. with just a couple words, he can crumple like a thin piece of paper.

you have to hold him carefully, so that he's not crushing down.

he puts up a strong front. for them, for him. but Yeonjun knows the gentle person hiding behind that mask of strength.

eight days. eight days, five hours, fifty minutes and three seconds.

four seconds,

five,

six,

it's like they've taken Yeonjun's oxygen, and told him to live without it.

he knows it's not possible, but at times, he can physically feel the lack or air in his lungs. as if someone actually took his air supply and infused it with carbon.