Farewell My Dove

Yeonjun stumbled back, dropping the bag of takeout food in his hand in favor of holding the distressed boy in his arms. He presses closer, resting his head on Soobin's warm chest.

In the silence of the late evening, Yeonjun can hear nothing but the beating of Soobin's heart. Fast paced and strongly present.

his waist crashes between Soobin's hands but he doesn't mind. Simply stroking his fingers back and forth the younger's back.

"You came back.." Soobin mutters shakily. Dropping hot, salty tears onto Yeonjun's nape, them rolling under the elder's shirt and soaking in the fabric.

Yeonjun exhaled slowly, loosening the grip on Soobin's shirt and disentangling himself carefully from the other's arms. Feeling how Soobin reluctantly lets go, his hands still lingering on Yeonjun's waist. Resting themselves on the subtle dip right above the hips.

The light from the porch loomed over the two, providing lighting in the dark setting.

In that warm, yellow light. Yeonjun could see Soobin's eyes glistening as he looks at the elder. Streaks of tears decorating his cheeks.

"I..will always come back..." Yeonjun whispered slowly, making sure that every word is loud and clear just for Soobin's ears.

"Haven't you already registered that, in that.. little box of yours" he flicks Soobin's forehead with his finger, furrowing his eyebrows and pressing his lips together to form a thin, straight line.

He watches at Soobin's lips crack into a small smile, sniffling like a little kid.

"Ah.. what am I going to do with you? Choi Soobin..?" Yeonjun takes Soobin's cheek in his palm and the younger leans into the touch like that's where he was meant to be. Yeonjun can feel the sticky tears against his skin, wiping them with the pad of his thumb.

He takes Soobin's hand In his, intertwining their fingers together.

Leaninv forward, his hot breath on Soobin's lips. Contrasting the cold wind. He hadn't noticed how cold the air was around them, until just now.

The younger closes his eyes. Savoring Yeonjun's soft kiss near the corner of his mouth.

Then his cheek, tasting the salty tears and soaking them dry.

It amazes Soobin how still, after all this time, Yeonjun's touch never fails to leave him lost and wanting for more. Never fails to light his skin on fire, and leave lingering sparks whenever they part.

Every soft graze. Every gentle kiss. Makes Soobin feel more and more dazed. Drunk on the feeling of Yeonjun.

"Seriously..." the elder mumbles. Voice vulnerable yet with a slight frustrated undertone. "Why do you never listen to me, Choi Soobin..?" he asks, but in his soft voice, it's clear he has no interest in hearing the answer. Just whispering the words into the air.

Soobin finds himself drowning in Yeonjun's brown eye, he hardly even hears the words coming out of the elder's mouth.

"I'll try.." he swallows dryly, breaths shallow and stunned. "I'll try harder" he strings out, voice still affected by the lump in his throat.

Yeonjun giggles, moving the younger's purple bangs away from his face and looks fondly into his eyes.

"Okay.." that's all he says. "Okay Soobin-ah.." his hand returns to rest on Soobin's chest, gripping the fabric of the thin white shirt draping over the younger's frame, holding it in a loose fist.

He pulls it towards him, with zero to no strength. But Soobin lets himself be dragged regardless, crashing into the elder's arms.

Yeonjun's lips capture his, hand on Soobin's nape, drawing him closer and closer until he is all that filles Yeonjun's senses.