Lose The Fight, Win the Battle

"okay, ready?" Soobin gets into position, and checks to see if Kai's stable enough to start. "remember, you can stop at any moment. for any reason..." he reminds. knowing that Kai is not like Yeonjun or Beomgyu. he needs to be extra careful. 

Kai plants his feet on the ground, giving Soobin the nod he needs to start.

Soobin sends a slow jab towards Kai's face. the hit mostly meant to check the young one's instincts and reflexes after his injury. to make sure he hasn't damaged something that would cause them to slow down.

once that's done. Soobin moves forward, seeing Kai move with him. and hits again, this time he directs the blow to Kai stomach, and retreats once Kai blocks his fist. 

"eyes on me" Soobin says, and the younger follows.

Soobin moves forward, switching his legs. forcing Kai to jump back. then swings at his jaw. and Kai blocks with his arm, gripping Soobin's one tightly.

the elder waits for Kai to release, and the younger's grip loosens after a second. both going back into their original positions.

Soobin takes a moment to really look at Kai's eyes. sharp, and fierce. just like how he remembers them to be. 

a sense of pride washes over him. and he can't help but to exchange a small smile with the younger. 

without warning, Soobin swings a sharp fist at Kai, shortly after closing their distance. and with his left leg, nudges at Kai's injured one. 

the younger uses his better leg to move backwards, then in a split second stops Soobin's fist. holding it in his, and pushing it back with all his strength.

Soobin wastes no time attacking again, and this time he's even more aggressive. targeting the limping leg and the younger's waist. 

the younger responds fast, and for the first time. attacks back.

his hit is slow, as expected from a beginner, which is the only reason Soobin managed to block on time. he had not expected the younger to attack so early on, which leads him to giving Kai a shocked look.

"Sorry.." Kai says.

Soobin shakes his head. and gets over whatever shock the younger had put him in.

"keep doing that." Soobin orders. "give me whatever you can.. got it?"

Kai nods, albeit a bit worried. he looks in Soobin's eyes, and the elder looks back. Soobin's eyes no longer have their warmth, the glare from them send shivers down Kai's back. 

the elder fights the urge to smile when he sees Kai send the same glare instead of feeling threatened. 

that's my boy 

Soobin, once again goes for Kai's weak leg. the younger, expecting the slight nudge, avoids Soobin's leg. except, instead of fist, Soobin kicks Kai's standing leg. he watches at the other, who he had caught of guard, looses his balance, and he attacks again without giving Kai time to adjust.

with his right hand, he pushes Kai's shoulder. making the younger stumble back even further. then, when Kai's distracted, he swings a fist to his head.

in the last second, Kai ducks. the sudden move causes him to complete lose balance and he falls on the ground, hip first, his hands stopping most of the fall.

"get up.." Soobin says, watching as Kai tries to get up. and it takes a lot from him to stay in place as Kai fails to get up. his first thought to help the younger.

but he waits.

if Kai really wants to train. he'll find a way to get up on his own.

he wait patiently until Kai gets back up. the younger using his bare forearms to elevate himself up. and he jumps back on his leg.