Chapter 25

2 weeks later...

Author's POV

After Jimin took a shower inside the shower room of Seulgi's hospital room, he immediately wore something casual before going to work. And while he's talking to Yoongi, his mom suddenly came in to tell them about Seulgi's current health status as he and Yoongi turned all of their attention to her.

"Mom, is there any good news?", he asked his mom.
"Well.. it's not really a good news but.. since her lung function's slowly going back to normal, we'll be replacing the oxygen mask with a nasal cannula for further improvement of her lung function.", she said.
"Auntie.. do you have a clue on when she'll wake up?", Yoongi asked her.
"Not yet, because although her vital signs are slowly going back to its normal state, we can't tell when she'll wake up!", she said.
"Mom.. what about her arm?", Jimin asked her.
"Well, as for her arm, we'll make her continue wearing that cast around her arm for support but we'll immediately perform a therapy on her once she wakes up, so she could slowly make her arm move and function normally again.", she said.
"Is that all?", Jimin asked.
"Yes, and don't worry! If there's another update about her health status, we'll inform you about it immediately!", she told them.
"Thank you so much mom!", Jimin said.
"Thank you auntie!", Yoongi said.
"You're welcome!", she said as she left the room.
"Atleast it's good that Seulgi's overall health status is going back to normal already.", Yoongi told Jimin.
"Yeah but.. we still don't know when she'll really wake up!", Jimin said.
"Just be patient, Jimin! Maybe sooner or later, Seulgi will wake up from coma and you can have all the time you want for the both of you!", Yoongi told Jimin.

I'm glad that she's ok already but.. I can't wait for her to wake up! Jimin thought to himself with joy and sadness at the same time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jimin's POV

As I went straight inside the Family Medicine department for work, Seulgi's cousin urgently approached me.

"Dr. Park.. how's my cousin? Is there an update regarding her health status?", he asked me.
"Yes! Umm.. so far, her lung function is slowly going back to normal, so they're now going to replace her oxygen mask with a nasal cannula for further improvement of her lung function, and as for her injured arm, they will conduct a therapy session for her, so that her arm movement will continue to improve without a cast on.", I told him.
"Thank goodness! Did they mention when she'll wake up?", he said.
"Not yet! Even if her vital signs are slowly going back to its normal state, they cannot tell when she'll wake up.", I told him.
"I understand, but still.. thanks for the update, sunbaenim!", he told me.
"You're welcome! Excuse me...", I said as I was about to walk away when he suddenly stopped me.
"Dr. Park!", he said as I stopped and turned to him.
"Yes?", I asked him.
"I know we're not in good terms but.. thanks for taking care of my cousin!", he said.
"No problem! Your cousin means so much to me, and I'll do everything I can to make sure she'll quickly recover and help her move forward.", I told him.
"Please do everything you can to fix your broken relationship! Even if Seulgi noona already found out that you're her childhood friend way before you did, she did everything she can to fix and rebuild what you two had together.", he told me.
"I will!", I told him with reassurance.
"By the way, I have to go now, Doc! I still have residency training to complete!", he said.
"Alright!", I said.
"I'll see you when I see you, Dr. Park!", he said as he bowed and immediately walked away.

Even if he's starting to have deep resentments toward me, he still chose to be kind and respectful instead of just either using me as his punching bag to vent all of his anger out or to just give me a harder time as my punishment! Because of the way on how I badly treated his cousin, I don't deserve his and his family's kindness at all! I sadly thought to myself as I just went inside the clinic and proceeded with work.