Prologue (Part 2)

Author's POV

a few years later....

Jimin is already 14, while Seulgi is just 13, and ever since then, Seulgi and Jimin have become inseparable ever since they met in a park, and who knows, maybe one of them might start to develop feelings for each other, right? And every after coming home from school, they inmediately go straight to the park to hang out.

"Wait.. you're leaving?", Seulgi sadly asked Jimin.
"We're not yet sure about it, 'cause I don't want to leave this place!", he said.
"If ever you will leave soon, please don't forget me!", Seulgi said.
"Of course I won't! Why would I forget my one and only friend? And I hope you'll be there the moment I come back!", Jimin said.
"Of course I will! When you come back again, I will welcome you with a big hug!", Seulgi said.
"Same here!", Jimin said.
"Jimin.. it's almost 6pm, and I have to be back before 6! I think we should go home already!", Seulgi said.
"We should! 'Cause my mom might be looking for me now as well!", Jimin said.

They were walking home, when suddenly, Seulgi heard a rustling sound coming from a bush. Who's that? Seulgi thought to herself as she turned back to check.

"Are you ok?", Jimin asked her.
"Yeah! I'm fine!", Seulgi said.
"Did something happen?", Jimin said.
"No, nothing at all! I just thought that maybe someone was following us!", Seulgi said.
"Oh, ok! Let's just walk faster before we get in danger! I'll take you home first before I go home to make sure you're safe!", Jimin said.

Jimin tightly held Seulgi's wrist to protect her just in-case someone will try to harass them as they quickly walked on the road to go back home. And then a few minutes later, they both safely reached Seulgi's house as they were welcomed by her mom.

"I'm glad you're back, Seulgi! And.. you must be Jimin!", Seulgi's mom said.
"Um.. yes! It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Kang!", Jimin said.
"Oh, drop the formalities darling! Just call me auntie!", Seulgi's mom said.
"Oh.. thanks auntie!", Jimin said.
"Come inside darlings! And Jimin, is it ok if you could have a quick snack break before you go home?", Seulgi's mom asked Jimin.
"Sure auntie! I'll just remind my mom about it!", Jimin said.
"Alright, good to know! Now come inside, darlings!", Seulgi's mom said.

While Jimin and Seulgi were busy in the living room, helping each other with their homeworks, her mom couldn't help but feel guilty while looking at her daughter's newly found friend, knowing that both children of two mortal enemies are now friends.

"Good! You got the answer!", Seulgi said.
"Really?", Jimin said as his eyes lit up.
"Yup! Well done!", Seulgi said.
"Thanks for helping me, Seul!", Jimin said.
"No problem!", Seulgi said.
"Darlings, I have prepared tteokboki for you both! Come and have a bite!", Seulgi's mom said.

Both Jimin and Seulgi went straight to the dining area as they were greeted with the delicious smell of tteokboki. They immediately took a seat as they started eating.

"Your mom's cooking is delicious!", Jimin said.
"Really?", Seulgi said.
"Yeah! I should eat this again if ever I'm going to visit you and your mom again!", Jimin said.
"It's actually Seulgi's favorite snack since she was a kid! Whenever she comes back home from school, I would immediately cook her tteokboki! And I hope you might also want to try tasting it too!", Seulgi's mom told Jimin.
"It's really delicious, auntie! I hope you could coopk something like this again if ever I'm going to your house again!", Jimin said.
"Of course I will! By the way, how's your homework?", Seulgi's mom asked.
"It was ok! Thanks to Seulgi, I was able to finish it within the day!", Jimin said.
"That's good to hear! By the way.. thank you for being a good friend to my daughter!", Seulgi's mom said.
"Anytime, auntie!", Jimin said.
"Just keep on eating, you two! I'll cook some more just in-case you still want!", Seulgi's mom said.
"Thanks again, auntie!", Jimin said.
"You're always welcome!", Seulgi's mom said.