Prologue (Part 3)

Author's POV

After Seulgi ate breakfast for school, she immediately grabbed her backpack with her as she ran downstairs to leave immediately before she gets late.

"Seulgi.. take care!", her mom said.
"Yes mom!", she said as she hugged and kissed her goodbye.

After she left the house, she immediately started walking brisky down the road to go to school, and while walking, she encountered her bullies once again.

"I heard that your 'friend' is leaving soon! Poor you, you're lonely again! You're now fatherless and friendless!", the girl said.
"You know what.. if you hate me this much, then just close your eyes or just stay away from me, because I'm doing everything I can to avoid you both, and yet you keep on bothering me!", she told them.
"Come on, Seulgi! We're just being honest!", the girl's brother said.
"When will the two of you leave her alone?", a familiar voice said from behind.

Seulgi immediately turned around with a smile to see Jimin, approaching. I guess today will be the last time I'll be walking to school with him! She sadly thought to herself.

"Look! Be grateful she doesn't do anything to get revenge on you both, or else you'll be kneeling down, begging for forgiveness in front of her!", Jimin said.
"The prince charming came to save her for the last time! Enjoy your last moment together, 'cause I'm sure it'll never happen again!", the boy said.
"You know what.. I'm happy you both are not studying at our school, or else you could've been expelled for bullying nonstop!", Seulgi said.
"Oh! I'm scared!", the girl said sarcastically.
"Just leave, please?!", Jimin said irritatingly.
"Whatever!", the boy said as he and his sister walked away.
"You ok?", Jimin asked Seulgi.
"Yeah! I guess this will be the last time we'll go to and leave school together.", Seulgi replied.
"I know.. but for now, let's spend time together like there's no tomorrow!", he told her.
"Alright.. and hey! You better treat me for lunch later!", she told him.
"Alright, your highness!", he said as he chuckled.

The two childhood best friends just continued talking and bickering 'til they finally arrived at their school.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Seulgi's POV

The moment lunch time came, I immediately went to my locker station outside of my classroom to place some of my books and notebooks. After putting some of my things, Jimin suddenly approached me.

"Ddeulgi-ah.. shall we each lunch?", he said.
"Ddeulgi?", I said as I laughed.
"Why not? Is it bad that I made a cute nickname for my best friend?", he told me.
"No, it wasn't bad! I actually find it cute!", I told him.
"I'm glad! Let's go, and like what you told me earlier.. I will treat you lunch for today!", he told me.
"Alright, I can't wait! Let's go!", I said.

We both went inside the canteen to eat lunch. While waiting for Jimin, I immediately brought out my phone to check news or even notifications, but one thing that caught my attention was the recent text of my mom that made my heart drop.

Mom: Seulgi.. after you visit Jimin later to say goodbye, we're going to go to the hospital later!
Me: To the hospital? Why? Did something happen?
Mom: Yes! It's your dad! The hospital called me earlier after you left and they told me he got sick.
Me: Why?
Mom: I don't know why but.. we have to go there later!
Me: Ok!