Chapter 32

Seulgi's POV

The moment I finally came back to the hospital, everyone, especially my colleagues, and then the nurses and non-medical staff, all greeted me and welcomed me back as I started to get back to work.

"Unnie! Welcome back!", Yerim said as she hugged me while my friends followed her.
"Thank you!", I said.
"How does it feel, now that you're back to work?", Joohyun unnie asked me.
"It feels good!", I said.

And while we're having a conversation with each other, Jimin's mom, along with our medical director, Dr. Kim, approached me as we all stopped talking.

"Hi Seulgi! May I have a word with you?", she asked me.
"Sure, auntie!", I said.
"Unnie, we'll just see you later.", Sooyoung told me.
"See you at lunch, Seul!", Joohyun unnie told me as they all walked away.
"Auntie, what is it?", I asked Jimin's mom.
"Later, after your schedule ends, will it be ok if we'll have your therapy session later in the afternoon?", she asked me.
"I would love to but.. I'll try to find time, because I still have my rounds later.", I said.
"Dr. Kang, I know that you just got discharged recently so I'll reduce your duty hours starting today, because I don't want you to perform strenuous work for a while since you're not that fully recovered.", Dr. Kim told me.
"Oh! I see! Alright, I'll proceed with the therapy session later, auntie!", I told Jimin's mom.
"Alright! Meet me later at 3 pm.", she told me.
"I will, auntie! I'll see you later", I said as I bowed and walked away.

After I walked away from the reception area, I immediately went inside my clinic to start with work, and the moment I entered inside, my medical assistant, Seungyeon unnie, gave me a hug.

"Seulgi, welcome back to work!", she said.
"Thank you so much, unnie!", I said.
"So.. shall we start now?", she asked.
"Yeah sure!", I said.
"By the way, your mom told me to look after you, so don't pressure yourself to do strenuous work, alright?", she told me.
"I won't, don't worry!", I said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jimin's POV

The moment I arrived at the hospital for work, my mom suddenly approached me before I could go straight in my clinic.

"Mom?", I said.
"Hey! Are you about to go to work already?", she asked me.
"Uhh.. yeah! By the way.. did Seulgi went back to work?", I asked her.
"Yeah! She's in her clinic already!", she told me.
"Alright! Mom.. please do everything you can to help her recover, most especially her arm!", I told her.
"I will, darling! Don't worry!", she told me with reassurance.
"Thanks mom!", I said.
"You really miss her, do you?", she said.
"So much, and I'll never allow something bad to happen to her ever again!", I said.
"I know that you both are starting to drift apart from each other again but.. don't give up! Just give her the comfort and support she needs, because she needs you the most right now, Jimin.", she told me.
"I will, mom!", I said.
"You should go now, darling! I don't want to keep you for too long and I don't want you to get late!", she said.
"Alright! I'll see you later, mom!", I said.
"You too!", she said as she walked away.

After having a quick conversation with my mom, I immediately went inside the clinic to proceed with work.

"Hey hyung! Glad that Dr. Kang's back to work already!", Wooyoung told me.
"Same here! Let's now start admitting patients.", I told him.
"Alright then!", he said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's POV

3 hours later...

As they finished their first half of their schedule, they all went in the doctors' lounge for their lunchbreak.