Prologue (Part 1)

Author's POV

Young 6-year old Seulgi immediately got up from her desk after finishing her homework as she went downstairs to eat snacks with her mom. She then, immediately sat on the chair and ate with her mom.

"Mom?", Seulgi said.
"Yes dear?", her mom said.
"When will dad come back?", she asked.

Her mom immediately stopped eating and couldn't say anything that could answer her question, because her dad was imprisoned for killing the father of the CEO of Seoul's biggest and most prestigious hospital, where her dad and the murdered doctor are working in harmony not just as doctors but also as the CEO and the co-CEO of the hospital, and everytime Seulgi asks her mom about the whereabouts of her dad, her mom would just say that her dad just went on a trip for work.

"I'm not sure, darling but you don't have to worry, because he will be back when the right time comes!", her mom lied to her.
"I hope he comes back, because I miss him so much!", Seulgi said.
"Me too darling! But remember what your dad told you? That while he's gone, continue to keep on smiling and pursue your dreams, because he doesn't want to see you having a hard time!", her mom said.
"Alright! I'll do as what dad says!", Seulgi said in determination.

After eating snack, Seulgi immediately changed into something comfortable due to the weather as she carried her diary with her to go to the park.

"Mom.. can I go to the park?", Seulgi asked her mom.
"Darling, I know you've been experiencing being bullied by other kids there, so please, just don't go out, because it will only get worse!", her mom said.
"Mom, it's ok! I can handle it! I don't care with what they even say to me!", Seulgi said.
"Ok darling! But don't take too long, 'cause we're eating dinner soon!", her mom said.
"Yes mom! I'll be back immediately!", Seulgi said in reply as she stepped out of the door, closed it and left their house.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Seulgi's POV

As I arrived at the park, I immediately sat on the swing and wrote something in my diary, given to me by my mom and dad on my birthday 4 months ago. As I was sitting by the swing with deep thoughts, those group of kids came to where I was sitting.

"Oh! There's the fatherless girl!", the boy said.
"Seulgi-yah, when will your dad come back?! And just incase he doesn't come back, will your mom flirt with another man?! My gosh, what a scandalous family!", the girl, whom I assumed was his sister, said.

I couldn't help but to get mad of what they just told me. They are the just the same age as I am, but the words that just came out from their mouths were very offensive. I do not answer back when someone's fighting me, but if they suddenly drag my family from their filthy mouths, they will never like what will come out from my mouth! I thought to myself as I stood up from the swing.

"What is your problem? I was just breathing and yet it looked like I committed a crime to you?! Listen you two, I don't answer back when someone's disrespecting me, but when you drag my family from your nasty mouths, you will never like what I'll do to you!", I said, raising my voice a bit higher.
"Spoken like a true fatherless girl!", the girl said as she clapped sarcastically.
"And in addition, spoken like a true daughter of a criminal!", the boy said.
"Come on, Seulgi! Just admit that your dad will never come back even if you don't know the reason why he disappeared from thin air!", the girl said with a mocking tone.
"Please stop! Or I will tell my mom about this!", I said.
"So what are you gonna do now?! Cry?!", the girl said in a mocking tone.
"Hey! Stop bullying her!", a voice from afar shouted.