Chapter 33

a few days later...

Seulgi's POV

While my mom's driving the car, I couldn't help but worriedly stare at her, because she looked so pale. Don't tell me my mom had forgotten to take her medications recently. I worriedly thought to myself.

"Mom, are you sure that you're ok?", I asked her as the car stopped when the traffic light turned red.
"Yes darling! I'm fine! Don't worry about me!", she told me.
"Are you sure, mom?", I worriedly asked her.
"Yes! I'm fine!", she said.

If she isn't feeling well, then she shouldn't have gone to work! I thought to myself as I just turned my attention to the road when the car started to move again after the traffic light turned green.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jimin's POV

After making a short stop in the reception area, I was about to go proceed with work when Taehyung suddenly approached me.

"Jimin, wait!", he said as I turned to look at him.
"What is it?", I asked him.
"I heard that Seulgi noona treated the wounds of your niece. Is it true?", he asked me.
"Yes! Yesterday, my niece's knee was badly scraped, and knowing that there's no doctor available to treat her wound, Seulgi had no choice but to treat her wounds since it was also bleeding badly.", I said.
"Bless her soul!", he said.
"You know, I asked her yesterday why she continued to show acts of kindness to us even if someone from my family killed her father, and she told me that treating someone badly without an explanation is not her style, and even if my niece isn't a patient that's administered to her, she still treated her wounds because she's living to her attributes as a doctor.", I said.
"You know.. that's literally one of the reasons why it's now rare to find someone like her nowadays! You're very lucky Jimin, so if I were you, I would start changing for the better so we could start over again!", he told me.

If she's ready to talk again, then I'll do everything I can to make sure that what happened back then will never happen again! I thought to myself.

"Thanks for the advice, Tae! I guess I need to go now! I don't want to be late!", I said.
"Same thing here! I'll just see you later at lunchtime!", he said.
"Alright then!", I said.

The moment we went onto our separate paths, I immediately went straight inside the clinic and proceeded with work.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's POV

a few hours later..

After work inside the clinic ended, I immediately went straight to the reception area to meet up with Joohyun unnie,

"Hey unnie!", Seulgi said.
"Hey! It's nice to see you without an arm cast now!", Joohyun told Seulgi.
"I know! It feels really great! Unnie.. will it be ok if you can drop me off later to the cemetery? I just want to pay my dad a visit.", Seulgi.
"Yeah sure! You want me to take you home later?", Joohyun asked Seulgi.
"Oh! No thanks! I'll just go home by myself!", Seulgi said.
"Alright then!", Joohyun said.
"Thanks again, unnie!", Seulgi said.
"Anything for you! By the way.. can you tell the others that I'll be a bit late for lunch today? Because Dr. Kim has to talk to me.", Joohyun told her.
"Sure unnie!", Seulgi said as she immediately walked away.

Seulgi immediately walked away as she went straight inside the doctors' lounge for lunchbreak.

"Hey! What took you so long?", Seungwan asked her.
"Sorry! I just had a quick meet up with Joohyun unnie at the reception area.", Seulgi said.
"About what?", Sooyoung asked her.
"Asking her permission if she can drop me by later at the cemetery, because I want to pay my dad a visit.", Seulgi said.
"I see..", Seungwan said.
"By the way, where's Joohyun unnie?", Yerim asked.
"Oh! She's going to be a bit late today.", Seulgi said.
"Oh! Alright!", Yerim said.