Chapter 49

a few months later..

Jimin's POV

After grabbing some clothes in our house, I immediately hopped in inside my car as I drove away to go to the hospital immediately. 2 days ago, Seulgi safely and healthily gave birth to our baby, and now, we're now allowed to see and hold her after being placed in the NICU for monitoring. As I arrived at the hospital, I immediately went inside Seulgi's hospital room, and there, Seungwan noona and Joohyun noona greeted me with warm smiles as I saw our child, sleeping in a hospital baby crib.

"Oh, there you are Jimin! By the way.. your baby girl is in good health after coming out of her mother's womb!", Joohyun noona told me.
"Thank you so much for taking good care of Jieun in the NICU, noona!", I told Joohyun noona.

Yup! Seulgi and I now have a healthy baby girl named Jieun, and we'll definitely make sure that she'll grow up to be a strong, kind and a decent woman that treats everyone equally.

"Of course! Anything for baby Jieun!", she said.
"By the way, we'll leave the both of you and your child now, 'cause Seulgi might wake up at any minute. And by the way.. we'll immediately buy a meal for Seulgi once she wakes up!", Seungwan noona said.
"Ok! Thank you, noona!", I said as she and Joohyun noona left the room.

The moment they both left, I gently carried our daughter in my arms as a tear fell from my eye. You, coming into our life, was one of the most beautiful things that ever happened to me and to your mom! I'll make sure that daddy will always be here for you! I thought to myself as I planted a soft kiss on my daughter's forehead and gently placed her back in her crib, 'cause I noticed that Seulgi's slowly waking up.

"J—Jimin?", she said.
"Hey! It's me! Thank you so much! You've worked so hard! You were too weak yesterday, but now, you're slowly gaining strength and I'm glad to see that improvement!", I told her with reassurance as I gently hugged her in my arms.
"I'm feeling a bit hungry now..", she said.
"Oh really? Don't worry, 'cause Seungwan noona will buy a meal for you now.", I told her.
"Really?", she asked me.
"Mhm! By the way... our daughter's here! Do you want to hold her?", I asked.
"Mhm!", she hummed in response.

I gently carried our child from the crib as I gently passed her to Seulgi. Seeing her carry our child is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! I thought to myself when a tear fell from my eye as I watched her, lovingly stare at our child in her arms.

"Thank you so much for giving me the most beautiful gift ever, and that is Jieun!", I said.
"I couldn't even ask for anything else but to just be with you and our child forever!", she said.
"I promise you that I will never leave you and Jieun! I don't want my daughter to grow without a father beside her.", I said.
"I know that you will never do that, because I can tell that you will be a good father to her!", she told me.

I gently pulled her in my arms as I engulfed my arms around her. I'm actually ok with the fact that I'll lose everything someday, as long as it's not my wife and my daughter! I thought to myself as I planted a soft kiss on Seulgi's forehead, then to my daughter. A few minutes later, the door opened as our parents, along with Seungwan noona and Joohyun noona, came inside.

"Hey Seul! Now that you're awake, you should start eating with your meals now!", Seungwan noona said.
"Oh, I will!", Seulgi said in reply.
"Where's my granddaughter? Is it ok if I can carry her?", my mom asked us.
"Yeah sure!", I said.

Seulgi gently handed our child to my mom as she started caressing Jieun's head gently. Her first interaction with her grandmothers! I happily thought to myself.

"You're so beautiful, baby Park Jieun!", my mom said.
"She's got Seulgi's nose~~", Seulgi's mom said.
"And she's got your eyes!", my mom told me as we all laughed.
"I'm sure she'll be so beautiful once she grows older.", Seulgi's mom said.