Chapter 5

Seulgi's POV

"What?! Someone tried to murder you yesterday?", my mom said as she continued driving.
"Yeah! Thankfully Jimin came on time to save me from that man!", I said.
"Oh! Your childhood friend is back?", my mom asked.
"Umm.. he just happened to have the same name as my childhood friend!", I said.
"I see! But darling, if it happens once more, then I literally have no choice but to hire a bodyguard for us or I can even ask your uncle to be with you going to and from the hospital!", she told me.
"But mom—", I said but she immediately cut me off.
"No, darling! This is for your own safety, and I'm not gonna allow someone to just do this to you!", she told me.

If he really is my childhood friend, then I don't think I'll be able to accept it, because my childhood friend whom I've been looking for was also the same person who's bullying and hurting me! I nervously thought to myself.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

???'s POV

"So.. did you kill her?!", I asked my henchman, who came in the room with a bloodied face and an injured, limping leg.
"No! Jimin immediately came to her rescue!", he said.
"You jerk! You could've just killed her on the spot! I don't care if Jimin will weep in pain, seeing his dear childhood friend dying infront of his eyes!", I said.
"Sorry sir! I promise I'll make it up to you!", he said.
"Listen, you're one of the best and most clever henchman I've ever had, and I don't know why you failed in doing something I ordered you to do! You better redeem yourself to me!", I told him.
"Yes sir!", he said.

I may have failed to kill you but I promise you, I'll have your head soon, Kang Seulgi! I thought to myself with rage.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jimin's POV

The moment I arrived at the reception area to sign in the logbook, I couldn't help but think about what the man said yesterday about my dad's killer. He said that it wasn't really Seulgi's father that killed my dad, and that it's someone my family and I have known for a long time! I thought to myself with full of doubts. If it's really true that it wasn't her father, then does that mean that it's someone from my family that killed my dad? Because it if it is someone from my family that killed him, then he's really bringing shame and embarrassment to us and to our other family members! I thought to myself.

"Dr. Park, are you ok? You look deep in thoughts.", my friend and colleague from the same department, Dr. Han Sanghyuk asked me.
"Yes I'm fine, Dr. Han! Why'd you ask?", I said.
"Nothing, because I've been hearing some gossips from other departments that there was a man that attempted to kill Seulgi sunbae last night, and that, you were there in time to save her! Is that true?", he said.
"Yes! Thank goodness that I was there to save her from the one of the henchmen of my dad's killer!", I said.
"Wait! So the guy that almost killed her yesterday was a henchman of your dad's killer?", he said.
"Yes! And according to the man, the killer was someone my family and I have known since then, and it's not really Seulgi's dad that killed my father!", I said.
"So does that mean that it's someone from your family that killed Dr. Park Jeonghoon?", he asked.
"I'm not sure! It could either be someone from our family or a close friend of our family, but one thing for sure, it's not Seulgi's dad that killed him!", I said.
"This is really a tricky investigation to solve, Jimin! You and your mom need to cooperate with the authorities to find the real culprit as fast as you can!", he told me.
"I know that her cousin is here in the hospital as a resident doctor right now! I'm going to make sure that he won't be involved or get in danger along with his cousin!", I said.