Chapter thirty eight: Talk to each other

Amelia's pov:

Me and Cora were sitting in my room and just talking about stuff. I was laying on my bed and Cora was sitting in my chair.

       For the last hour, Cora has been telling me everything that has happened in hell after I left. It was fun being with her again, even though so many things have changed after i left and i have changed too.

       Cora was so excited about being here. It was actually pretty funny, since i have never seen her so excited about something.

       "Okay Amelia. You have to tell me everything that has happened here. I have to hear everything." She laughed. "Well, a lot has happened." I laughed, rubbing my neck. "Have you liked your life up here?" She asked. "Yeah, I love it here." I smiled. "I told you you would. Have you made any friends?" She asked. "Yeah, these ghouls are my family." I smiled. "I'm so happy for you Amelia. You found your place." She smiled. "Yeah, I did." I said.

        Just as I ended my sentence, the door to my room slammed open and Rain barged in, shutting the door behind him. "Ughh, i'm so tired." Rain huffed and slouched towards my bed and layed down next to me.

       Both of us stared at him quietly. I guess he didn't see Cora sitting in the corner of my room. Rain dropped his head against my pillow and closed his eyes.

        "I thought you all had your own rooms?" Cora smirked. Rain's head snapped up as he got spooked by Cora talking. Rain looked at both me and Cora in turns, clearly confused.

        "Oh, i'm so sorry. I- Umm-" Rain said embarrassed as he quickly started to get up. "It's okay Rain, you can stay." I smiled. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yeah." I smiled.

       "What is going on here?" Cora asked, slightly confused. "I just need a nap, just act like i'm not here." He yawned, falling back on the bed, closing his eyes.

        "Okaaay? But didn't you just explain to us about the church's "Ghouls staying together" rules?" Cora asked. "You haven't told her?" Rain asked, looking at me confused. "Told me what?" Cora asked, also looking at me confused. I turned my gaze to Cora.

       "He is my mate" I giggled. "WHAT?!" Cora yelled. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" She continued. "I don't know, it just didn't come up." I giggled. "Oh my Satan, i'm so jealous of you." She exclaimed.

        "I was just about to gush about how nice and good looking he is." Cora laughed. "You don't have to tell me." I giggled. "You are like so lucky. How long have you two known that you are mates?" She asked. "Umm, i guess that just from the beginning, some part of me just knew." I said.

        "Oh yeah, i'm sure that you landed your eyes on him the second you saw him. I mean look at the guy, he is so hot." Cora said.

        "You realize that i am here?" Rain whispered. "Yeah, but you told us to act like you are not here." Cora laughed. Rain let out a quiet laugh before turning to his side.

       Me and Cora talked a while after that for a while, before Cora decided to head out and go explore her new room.

       After Cora had left the room, i stood up from the bed and headed to turn down the lights. I tiptoed back to the bed and sat against the bed's headboard. I leaned my head back as i looked at the sleeping Rain.

      He looked so calm while he was sleeping. "I can feel that you are staring at me." He whispered. "I didn't know that you were awake." I whispered. "I am now. Did Cora leave already?" Rain asked, opening his tired eyes slightly. "Yeah she did." I whispered.