Chapter thirty five: I promise

Sodo's pov:

"Hey Ifrit, i'm gonna go check on Swiss and Amelia. Is that okay?" I asked. "Are you gonna leave me here alone with mr. grumpy?" Ifrit asked sarcastically. "You'll be fine, i'm gonna be back soon." I said as i walked towards the stairs.

         I climbed up the stairs and left the basement, heading to the hallways. When i got to Swiss's door, i opened it quietly and sneaked in.

        "How is she doing?" I asked. "Okay, i guess. She fell asleep a while ago." Swiss said, looking at the sleeping Amelia on his bed. "What happened with Rain? What is going on?" Swiss asked. "I have no idea what is going on, but he is not himself. Copia is trying to figure out what is going on with him." I answered.

        "Where is he?" Swiss asked. "We locked him in the basement." I answered. "Wait what?" Swiss asked.

        "You need to see him to understand what i'm talking about. He's been insulting me and Ifrit and Amelia and actually the whole band for the last hour." I said. "Okay." Swiss sighed.

       "Are you okay staying here with her if i go and see Copia?" I asked. "Yeah, of course." He answered.

       With that i left the room, closing the door behind me. When i walked along the hallway, i walked across Cirrus and Cumulus.

        "Hey Sodo, have you seen Amelia? We already looked from her room, but she wasn't there." Cirrus asked. "Well yeah, it's been such a weird morning." I sighed. "What do you mean?" I asked.

       "Walk with me to Copia's office and i'll explain." I said, continuing my way. The two looked at each other before quickly heading after me.

       "You got me curious Sodo. Tell me already." Cirrus exclaimed. "So basically, Rain hasn't been himself today. Tomorrow morning Amelia came to Swiss's room crying, telling us that Rain told him that he hates her." I started to explain.

       "You were sleeping in Swiss's room?" Cirrus interrupted. "Not the point Cir, continue Sodo." Cumulus sighed. "Sorry." Cirrus whispered.

        "When i went to see Rain, he wasn't anything like normal, he was acting like a dick and being like super mean. I tried to take him to see Copia and he punched me." I explained. "That doesn't sound like him at all." Cumulus says.

        "Yeah, me, Ifrit and Mountain locked him in the basement so he can't do anything stupid." i said. "Oh okay. Where is Amelia? Is she okay?" Cirrus asked. "She is with Swiss in his room, last that i checked he was asleep, luckily. In the morning she was pretty upset about it.." I said.

        "Oh okay, we can go check on her a little later" Cirrus says. "Yeah, i guess she would like that." I said, as we got to the door of Copia's office.

      Cirrus and Cumulus continued their way as i knocked on the door and took a small step further from the door. "Come in." Copia's muffled voice heard through the door.

        I opened the door and stepped into the room. "Hey Copia, have you found out what is wrong with him?" I asked. "No, not yet. I have no idea what could cause something like this." Copia said.

         "Actually Copia, i'm not sure if this helps, but something weird happened." I started. "What?" He asked. "At one point he changed. His eyes flashed red and then he seemed like he didn't remember what had happened." I explained. "So is he like normal now?" Copia asked. "No,  after a while, he grabbed his head like he was in pain and the red flash in his eyes happened again. Then he was back to being mean." I said.

          "Oh my, that explains it. That explains it all." Copia says, clearly figuring something out. "What? Do you know what is wrong with him?" I asked. "I have a hunch." Copia says, rushing out of the room.