Chapter Fifty four: Merry Christmas

Sunshine's pov:

Finally it's Christmas morning. I woke around 11am to a sun peeking through the curtains. I turned to lay on my back, trying not to wake up Aether. He was still sound asleep. I stayed there for a while, just thinking about the day ahead of us.

      I love Christmas, it's my favorite holiday besides Halloween. I hope that after everything that has happened I can still enjoy Christmas like I used to.

     I decided to get up from bed and go and take a shower. I slowly moved myself off the bed so Aether could sleep as long as he wanted to. I quietly opened the door and stepped into the hallway. I know that I could use Aether's shower, but I would rather go on my own, where I have all my shampoos and body wash.

      I'm not sure if everyone else is still sleeping. No one walked across me in the hallway, but they might also be in the common room already. I stripped off my pajamas and turned on the shower, setting the water to a nice warm temperature.

      I don't know how long I stood in the shower. It just felt so good to be back in my own room and my own bathroom. You really don't realize to appreciate all these mundane things until it gets taken away from you.

      After I was done washing myself I turned off the shower and grabbed my towel from the counter and started to dry myself. I grabbed the doorknob and stepped out of the bathroom, only to find Aether sitting on the edge of my bed. I jumped a bit further, my body flinching as I got spooked.

     "Aether! You scared me." I sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to." Aether laughed. "What are you doing here? I thought you were still  sleeping. Did I wake you up?" I asked. "The bed was cold without you in there." Aether hummed.

      "And I wanted to make sure everything was okay. Why didn't you use my shower?" He continued. "And use your literally 7 in 1 shampoo? No way." I laughed, heading to grab my clothes. "What's wrong with that? Why would you get multiple bottles when you can get just one?" Aether said. "Don't even start." I laughed.

     I turned to my closet and tried to choose what to wear when Aether moved himself behind me, wrapping his arms around my upper body. "Merry Christmas." He whispered. I leaned my head back against his chest, looking up to him. "Merry Christmas Aether." I smiled. "Should we go to breakfast? I'm sure others are already there." Aether smiled. "After you have helped me pick up something to wear." I answered. "Go sit on the bed, I'll surprise you." Aether smirked. I looked at him, hesitating for a while.

     "Ugh, okay sure. But no shorts, no skirts, no t-shirts. Nothing revealing, you know what I mean." I ordered, walking to sit down on my bed. "Fine." Aether sighed and started to rummage around my closet.

      "Tadaaa." Aether exclaimed, turning around with a red sweater and black pair of jeans. "Finally." I sighed and stood up from the bed.

      Both of us were walking in the common room. A happy chatting and laughing echoed in the hallway, telling us that others were already there. "Merry Christmas!" I exclaimed as I stepped into the room. "Heyy, finally. We were just wondering if you were still sleeping." Cirrus smiled from the table. "Well, now we are here." I smiled.

       Only Rain, Amelia, Evelyn, Eden, Alpha, Cora and Mountain were missing. I sat down on the table to get some breakfast. Aether sat down next to me, doing the same. After a while Eden and Alpha walked into the common room, together.

      "Good morning, lovers." Zephyr smirked. "Is there something that you haven't told us?" Cirrus asked, looking first at Eden and Alpha and then to Zephyr and Omega who were sitting on the couch. "Let's just say, A LOT happened while you were on tour." Omega laughed. Everyone's head turned to Eden and Alpha, waiting for an explanation.