Chapter thirty four: He hates me

Rain's pov:

I was standing in the church's hallway. I tried to take a step forward, but to my surprise i couldn't. Something was wrong. I couldn't move, even if i wanted to.

        I tried to look around me, but there was no one there and it was so quiet. When i looked back forward, i noticed a shadow on the other end of the hallway. The shadow had a human shape, but it didn't have a face, only a pair of red glowing eyes.

        I watched the shadow as it started to approach me. Something inside me told me that i can't let the shadow get me, but still i couldn't move, i couldn't run away.

       That's when i realized, i'm asleep, this is only a dream. I have to wake up, but how. The shadow kept getting closer and closer and i tried to wake up with all my strength, but it was no use.

       "Go away" "Don't touch me" I tried to yell, but the shadow only kept getting closer. It was soon right in front of me. I tried to lift my hands in front of me to stop it, but the shadow went through my hands.

       As the shadow went through me i felt a freezing cold wave wash over me and suddenly i felt like i was going to suffocate. It was like someone was choking me.

       Then i jolted awake. I gasped for air and quickly sat up. I tried to calm down my breathing. I have never had a nightmare that realistic and actually i have been so stressed about the whole Susan situation that i haven't had time to even worry about my nightmares.

       Amelia was still sleeping peacefully next to me. The clock was around 7a.m. so i decided to get out of bed, trying not to wake Amelia and take a shower. I tiptoed to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

       I was covered in sweat after waking up, so the warm water felt so fresh against my skin. I  was in the shower almost for 20 minutes, just standing there under the water and thinking about the dream i had.

       When i finally turned off the shower and stepped out of the shower, i dried myself and put on clean clothes. Before i left the bathroom i glanced at the mirror, looking at myself. However something made me stop. I looked at my mirror image, going through the details of my face.

         Suddenly i felt that freezing cold feeling from my dream again. I shivered at the cold feeling, looking down at the goosebumps on my arms. 'That's weird' i think before looking back to the mirror. I jumped when i looked back to my mirror image.

        It was smiling at me. It had a evil, mischievous grin on it's face. "What the hell?" I whispered to myself. I stared at my image from the mirror and just as i was about to look away a red light flashed in it's eyes. The red light flashed brightly in front of my eyes and then it was just black.

Amelia's pov:

I woke up and quickly rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep away. When i finally got my eyes open i looked at the clock on the wall. It was 9 a.m.

        I layed on the bed for a while, before turning to Rain, only to find his spot empty. "Rain?" I called, but no answer. I sat up and looked around the room, not seeing Rain anywhere.

       I sighed and slowly got up from the bed. I walked a quick tour around the room only to find no sign of Rain. "That's weird." I said to myself. I let out a deep breath and decided to go and take a shower.

        I wasn't in the shower for long because i wanted to go and find Rain. Although during my shower i heard the door to the room open and someone stepping in. I guess it was Rain.

       I turned off the shower and quickly dried myself and put on clean clothes. As soon as i was ready i headed back to the room where i found Rain standing in the middle of the room, his back turned against me.