Chapter twenty four: Fire, Fire, Quintessence and Air

Mountain's pov:

Me and Aether had continued our way from the cabin. It was almost impossible to get Aether to leave with me. Apparently while he was sleeping he had a nightmare about Sunshine. He refused to talk to me about it, but i can see that he is really upset about it and it's really bothering him.

He wanted to go back to the church to go and save Sunshine, he still wants to. I don't know how much longer i can keep him from going. "Come on Mountain, you don't have to come with me. I can go and we can meet up after that." Aether argues. "No Aether, you will get caught. We are not going." I said. "How can you say that? Mountain she is my mate and i just left her." He said. "You didn't have a choice." I answer. "I have to go back" He said. "We can't go Aether, Susan would catch us the instinct we step our foot into the church. I hate to be the one to hold you back, but Aether you have to think about yourself too. You can't help anyone if you are a prisoner at the church." I said.

"You don't get it Mountain. I can't be without her." Aether said, stopping in his place. "Just come on Aether, i'm done talking about this." I said. "Mountain please, what if they hurt her. How can i live with myself after that, knowing that i ran away?" He said.

I sighed deeply. "Let's take a break for a while, okay?" I said, sitting down next to a tree. I don't know what to say to him anymore, i'm not that good at comforting. Aether also sat down leaning to a tree a little further away from me. I turned myself to the other side of the tree so Aether couldn't see me and pulled my phone from my pocket. I will call Sodo, maybe he or Swiss would be able to talk Aether around. I had to talk silently, so Aether couldn't hear me. He would me so mad at me if he knew.

Sodo: Sup, how you doing?
Me: Where are you and Swiss?
Sodo: Still in the small town, why?
Me: I think i might need some help with Aether. He wants to go back to the church to get Sunshine and i'm not sure how long i can stop him from going.
Sodo: Oh, where are you guys? I don't know if we can do anything more, but we could meet up.
Me: What if we meet at the edge of the town? At that small farm?
Sodo: Yeah, sounds good. We'll meet you there.
Me: Thank you, i'll try to get him to come with me.

"Hey Aether i know a place where we could stop for a while" I said. "What? Why? We just left" Aether said. "Yeah, but i need a break, my legs are so sore." I said. "Ughh, whatever." Aether sighed.

With that we headed to the farm where we would meet Sodo and Aether. Our walk there was quiet, but at least, Aether wasn't arguing about turning back.

We were at the farm a little earlier than Sodo and Swiss. We sat down to wait for them. "Heyy guys, long time no see" Swiss yelled as he and Sodo saw us. "Mountain. What is this." Aether said. "I'm sorry Aether." I said. "Did you call them here" Aether asked madly.

"Yes he did and it's a good thing that he did." Sodo said. "You stay out of this" Aether snapped at Sodo. "Aether you realize that you can't go back? You would get caught immediately." Sodo said. Aether stayed silent. "I know that you would do anything to get her back, but right now there is nothing you can do." Swiss said. "I know, but i just-" Aether said, but cutted himself off. Aether i know that this is hard for you, but we are here for you." Sodo said. "I know" Aether said. "You will see her again, i can't promise when, but you will see her." Mountain said. "I just miss her and i'm scared that something is going to happen to her and i won't be there to keep her safe." Aether said, sobbing. "I know buddy" Sodo said.

Then suddenly someones phone rang."Whose is it?" I asked. Everyone pulled their phones from their pockets. "It's mine" Aether said looking confused. "Who is it?" Swiss asked. Aether stared at his phone screen for a while before answering. "Copia"