Chapter twenty seven: these people are my home

Amelia's pov:

"Finally we are here, my legs are so sore" I whined. "You did so good. You only whined like maybe 90% of the time we were walking" Rain said teasingly. "Oh come on, i didn't whine." I said. "Yeah, whatever." I said amused. "The first thing we will do when we get inside is to find something to eat for you." Rain said. "What? I'm not hungry?" I asked confused. "Yes you are, you are always grumpy when you are hungry." Rain said.

I was about to say something, but i guess he was right. Rain just laughed. "Come on let's go inside" Rain said, placing his hand on my lower back and leading me towards the front door.

The cottage looked really huge and it's location was perfect. No humans around, only trees and a small lake. This place is perfect, there is no way that they are gonna find us here. Evelyn had also texted us where we could find a spare key, so we could get in. We found the key and unlocked the front door and stepped inside.

The inside was so beautifully decorated. On the right wall there was a big window with a view to the lake. The kitchen was pretty big and in the living room was a huge sofa. We wandered around the cottage, looking around. "This place is huge, i think the whole band would fit here" I said. "Yeah, you're right, but do you think it's fine with Evelyn?" Rain asked. "I'm pretty sure she is, but i can still ask her." I answered.

Rain dropped our backpacks on the floor next to the outside door. He then turned around and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me to air. "What are you doing?" I laughed. "Nothing" He said, walking towards the couch. He turned his back towards the couch and then just fell down on the couch, me still in his arms. A little scream left my mouth as he did so. He adjusted himself a little better on the couch and at the same time he pulled me closer to his chest so i was laying over him.

"What are we doing?" I asked. "Shhh.." Rain hushed me. "What?" I laughed. Rain just simply covered my mouth with his hand. "Just stay quiet" Rain whispered.

Rain closed his eyes, but i kept my head still up, and kept looking at him. His handsome face, all of the perfect features of his face and the every small detail on his face. All of it was perfect. How did i get so lucky?

After a while, Rain placed his hand to the top of my head and pressed my head against his chest. "I can feel that you are staring at me." Rain said. I laughed, my voice muffled against his chest. Finally i stayed quiet. I was listening to his steady breathing and heartbeat.

I might have fallen asleep for a while, until i was brought back by the sound of Rain's phone ringing. "I'm sorry i have to get that" Rain said, sliding away from under me. I took a good position from the couch, while Rain was heading to get his phone. "It's Mountain" Rain said, answering and placing the call on speaker.

Mountain: Hey, how are you and Amelia doing?
Rain: We are great, how about you guys?
Mountain: We just left the clinic and we're trying to find a place to stay.
Rain: Who are we and why were you at a clinic?
Mountain: Me, Sodo, Swiss, Cirrus and Cumulus. We were at the clinic with Sunshine.
Rain: Sunshine?! Did you go back to get her from the church?
Mountain: No. Sister had summoned Ifrit, Omega, Alpha and Zephyr to hunt us down, but Ifrit is helping us, he brought Sunshine from the church. Sunshine isn't doing that well.
Rain: Why would Susan do that, use us ghouls against each other.
Mountain: Yeah, i don't know, but you really need to watch your back now. We can't risk getting caught.
Rain: Yeah, me and Amelia actually found a perfect place to stay and i'm pretty sure that you guys can come here too.
Mountain: Are you serious Rain?!
Rain: Yeah, i'll text you the address.
Mountain: Thanks man.