Chapter twenty one: You have to hide

Amelia's pov:

Rain told me about his nightmares last night, after we left the common room. I had no idea that he was having nightmares. I'm sad that he didn't tell me earlier, but at least he told me now. We talked pretty late last night and i ended up staying in the Rain's room for the night.

         I woke up in the morning to mine and Rain's phone's ringing. It was pretty early in the morning, maybe around 8am. "What the hell" I said tiredly, grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

        "Everyone come to the common room asap. Be sure to wear your masks. -Copia." I read outloud. "What is going on? Why this early?" I muttered. "I have no idea" Rain said tiredly. Both of us got up from the bed and changed our clothes quickly. "Ughh, i'm so tired" I said while i was changing my clothes. "Yeah, me too. This is better to be important" Rain said.

         Both of us grabbed our masks and placed them on our faces. We headed out of the room and started walking towards the common room. On the way there we bumped into Mountain and Swiss. "Do you guys know what is going on?" Mountain said. "No idea." I answered. "I think i might know" We heard Cumulus say behind us, little further away in the hallway. All of us stopped. "What?" Swiss asked. "Well if it's about what i think it is, you will hear about it soon." Cumulus answered.

         We entered the common room. In the room there was already people waiting for us, but none of them were ghouls. Obviously Copia was there, but besides him there were five sisters standing in the line, behind Copia. "What is going on?" Swiss asked. "Do you know if Sunshine, Aether, Sodo and Cirrus will be joining us soon?" Copia asked "I'm sure they will be here soon." Mountain said.

        Soon after the rest of us arrived. "Ok now that all of you are here i-" Copia started. "Don't you ghouls have any manners, don't just stand there. Get into line and show some respect." One of the sisters interrupted him, taking a step forward. All of us looked each other confused. "Chop chop, we don't have whole day" She continued.

        All of us moved to stand in a line, feeling confused about what was happening. "Okay ghouls. My name is Sister Susan. I have taken over Sister imperators position after her disappearance." She started. "We have gathered all of you here to discuss our precious church's rules." She continued. "We know the rules?" Sodo talked back. "You don't talk unless i ask you to" Sister snapped at him.

        "Hey sister, if we could just-" Copia started, but was once again interrupted by Sister Susan. "This is making me very suspicious if you really know the rules." She said. "One of our sister came to me this morning traumatized about last night's event. This kind of behavior is not accepted." She said. "What do you mean? We haven't done anything." Swiss said.

       "NO TALKING" Sister screamed. "One of our sisters got harassed by one of you ghouls last night. Poor girl came to me completely traumatized after the incident. On top of that, this ghoul didn't have a mask on. It's a church rule that ghouls keep their masks on at all times." Sister says.

         "I didn't harass anyone!" Cumulus exclaimed. Sister looked at her strictly. "She was here in OUR room, going through our stuff. I asked her if she was lost, i didn't mean to scare her." Cumulus continued. "So you confess, that you broke the church's rules?" Sister asked. "What, no. She didn't do anything wrong. Sisters are not allowed to came here and above all she was going through our stuff." Cirrus defended Cumulus.

         "I knew that you ghouls are like animals, but i didn't expect you to be as dumb as animals. Cardinal, are you going to let them talk to me like that?" She asked. "Well, i think we should hear what they have to say. It is true that sisters are not allowed in this part of the church." Copia said. "No, next thing we will do is that we are going to keep a meeting to discuss about their punishment." She said. "WHAT" Cirrus yelled. "You can't punish us. We didn't do anything wrong." Sodo said. "All of you QUIET NOW or i will send all of you back where you belong" Sister screamed.