Chapter thirty nine: Hunter's moon: moon rises

A/N: Hello! For this chapter i made you guys this preference photo of how the ghouls rooms are located, so it's a little easier to understand what i mean😅 Also in this chapter the pov's are changing pretty often, i'm sorry about that😆 I'm not holding you back any longer, enjoy the chapter!

Sunshine's pov:

I spend the night at Aether's room. I wasn't supposed to stay overnight, but i ended up falling asleep.

I am slightly worried about the moon myself. The moons are usually pretty rough for me. I guess it's part of being a multi-ghoul and just going through the moon's effects for each element. And i'm not sure if i have been doing better, maybe i have, but i'm not sure.

Some days are better than others and then there is bad days. I thought that if i stop saying these things outloud to Aether or Dr. Ellis, maybe it doesn't feel that real.

  I woke up to a knocking on Aether's door. Soon after the knocking, the door opened and Copia stepped in. "Good morning. I expected to find you here Sunshine." Copia says. "What time is it?" Aether asks tiredly. "It's 10 a.m. and it's time for Sunshine to get in her own room." Copia answers.

  "Come on Copia, can we please talk about this?" Aether says. "I'm sorry Aether, but no." Copia says. "Come on Sunshine." Copia waves. "You're dressed, right?" Copia continued a little awkwardly. "Yes i am, don't worry Copia." I laughed as i started to get up from the bed.

  I walked to Copia, but was quickly stopped by Aether who had jumped up the bed too. "Wait, Sunny." He said, walking to me. "Yeah?" I asked. He wrapped his arms tightly around me, pulling me into a tight hug. "You remember your promise?" He asked quietly. "Yeah, i do." I whispered against his chest. "Please call me Sunny if anything comes up? Okay?" Aether says. "Yeah" I smiled.

With that i followed Copia into the hallway. Copia closed Aether's door and locked it from outside. "Are you really going to lock the doors?" I asked. "Yeah, i told you guys that?" Copia says. "Yeah, but i just thought that you meant by that that we have to really stay in our rooms." I said, as we walked towards my room.

"Yeah, you are the last one. Everyone is already in their rooms." Copia said. "Oh, okay." I said, opening my door.

"Hey Sunshine. I know that Aether told you to call him, but i think it's better that you call me. I know Aether means good, but still we have no idea how the moon is going to affect you guys." Copia says. "Yeah, sure." I said.

  "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Good, i can't even feel the moon yet." I smiled. "That's not what i meant Sunshine." Copia sighs. The smile on my face drops and a deep sigh follows. "I'm okay Copia, really." I said, walking further into my room. "Just call me if anything comes up." Copia sighs and closes the door.

I laid down on my bed, just staring at the roof. I can't feel the moon affecting me yet, which is kind of unusual. All i felt was tiredness, i guess it's because i was woken up in the middle of my sleep. I pulled my blanket over me and closed my eyes. Maybe the day goes by less painfully if i just sleep through it?