Chapter forty eight: Can anyone hear me?

Amelia's pov:

Two rituals have gone by. Both of them went really well. I haven't counted how many rituals we still have left, but all i know is that there are multiple.

     We are now heading to the next city where we are going to perform. This next ritual is in the same country than the last one. This time we have a lot of time to move to the next city since the next ritual is in two days.

      I was sitting next to a window, watching the snowy views. It was a really snowy day today. Rain was sitting next to me, also watching the views. Others were at the back of the bus, chatting and playing games.

      "Look how snowy it's outside. Isn't it beautiful." I said to Rain. "Yeah, it is." Rain said quietly. "You are oddly quiet, do you have something on your mind?" I asked. "No, not anything specific. I'm just so happy." He said. "Oh, i'm glad to hear that. What makes you happy?" I said.

     "You, the band, traveling, peace. I don't know, everything is just going so well right now." Rain says. "Oh Rain, you're so sweet." smiled. "I hope that things stay that way." I continued. "Yeah, i hope so too." Rain said, lifting his arm over my shoulders.

       I turned my gaze to Rain and looked at him into his beautiful brown eyes. "I'm so lucky to have you." He smiled, looking back at me. I smiled and leaned closer to him.

     Just as i was about to press my lips against his, i heard someone yelling, or more specifically screaming. The voice wasn't familiar to me. I looked to the front of the bus, only to see a car driving right towards us. I quickly grabbed my hands around Rain, moving myself as close to him as i could.

       "Fuckkk." The voice yelled again. I think the voice belonged to our bus driver. He did a quick turn, trying to avoid hitting the car, but it was too late. The car crashed hard to the left front of our bus.

      Our bus drifted to a deep ditch on the right side of the road from the power of the impact. I closed my eyes and tried to hang on to Rain as hard as i could, but when we hit the bottom of the ditch, our bus rolled into it's ride side and i was dropped against the window.

       The window under me broke in the impact so i was basically laying in the snow. I kept my eyes closed, trying to understand what just happened. My ears were ringing, but i could hear people screaming and crying.

      "Rain?" I asked quietly, trying to part my eyes open. "Rain, where are you?" I asked again, looking at my surroundings.

      I was covered i broken glass, but i don't think that i got hurt. "Rain, please answer me, are you okay?" I said, trying to get up from the ground. I tried to push myself up, but then i felt a hand on my shoulder, keeping me down.

      "Rain?!" I asked, looking at who was touching me. "Amelia, are you okay?" Rain asked, looking at me, trying to find out if i was injured. "Rain, you are okay. Thank Satan." I said, wrapping my hands around him. "Wait, Amelia. Did you get hurt? Try to stay still, did you hit your head? Does your back hurt?" Rain asked. "No, i think i'm fine. Did you get hurt?" I asked. "No, i'm okay." He said, wrapping his hands around me.

      I let out a relieved sigh and spent a moment just hugging Rain. "What about others?" I realized. "I don't know. I'll go see." Rain said worriedly. "Wait, i'll come with you." I said, standing up from the ground. "Are you sure you're not hurt?" Rain asked again. "Yes, i'm fine. Let's go help others." I said.

       Both of us stood up and tried to carefully walk to the back of the bus. The bus being sideways made it incredibly hard. "Is everyone okay?" I asked, when i got closer to the back of the bus.