Chapter fifty eight: The future will tell

Rain's pov:             

Finally we arrived at the church. First time in the last three days I could feel her. The feeling wasn't strong, but it's there.

      "Come on Aether." I said heading to the door. "Wait Rain, I think we should wait for others to get here." Aether said, slowing down. "What? No. We have no idea how long they are going to take. They are here Aether, I can feel it." I said. "I know Rain, but we have to be smart. What if they find us and take us too?" Aether said.

        "I don't care if you're coming. Wait here if you have to, but I'm going." I said determinately. I walked to the door and pushed it open, luckily it wasn't locked.

       I carefully opened the door and peeked in. Behind the door was a huge room that had multiple rows of pews and an altar. A huge wooden cross was decorating the room at the altar. I carefully stepped in, still looking around me if anyone was there.

      "Rain, wait!" Aether whispered, sneaking behind me. When we reached the last row of the pews I started to hear two people talking. I quickly crouched down behind the pews, Aether crouching down next to me.

      "We are going to start in an hour. You go get the multi-ghoulette here, I'll go visit the town real quickly before we start, okay?" A female voice talked. I recognized the voice. It was the voice from the phone, the man with her though, I didn't know.

       "Yeah, what about the other one? Do I bring her here too?" He asked. "No, we don't want people to know all of the details, don't we?" The woman answered and started to walk towards the door. "We have to hide." I whispered to Aether.

      We started to crawl further from the door. "Where can we go? She is going to see us." Aether whispered. "Under the pews." I pointed. "I don't know if I'll fit." Aether sighed. "Just try." I said quietly, already crawling under the bench.

       After I was hidden well enough I observed the aisle, waiting for her to pass. She walked past us, but she stopped right before the door. I kept watching her, even though I was only able to see her back.

        Fuck we forgot to close it all the way. She turned around, looking around her. As she turned around and looked towards us, my heart dropped. She looked just like Susan. "Damn Jacob, learn how to close the door." She muttered to herself and walked out of the building, closing the door behind her.

        "This is our chance." I whispered standing up from under the pew. "The man was going to them, we have to follow him." I said, heading up the aisle. "Where did he go?" I asked Aether. "Left, I think?" He said, a little unsure.

        I walked past the altar and quickly opened the door. To my surprise he was standing right behind the door, already heading back with Aurora. "What the hell?!" He yelled as he got spooked. I quickly pushed him against the wall behind him.

        "Where is she?!" I asked. "Aurora, are you okay?" Aether asked. "Yeah." She said confusedly. "How did you find us?" She asked. "We will explain later." Aether said. "I don't know what you're talking about. You are trespassing a holy land." The man yelled. "Just tell me where she is! Where are you keeping her?!" I yelled.

        "She is in the cellar, Rain. I can come show you." Aurora said, placing her hand on my bicep. "I'll go get her, you take care of this fucker." I said angrily and pushed the guy towards Aether. "Stay with Aether, we are leaving this hellhole." I said, walking towards the stairs leading down.

        "Be quick, Rain." Aether yelled after me. I didn't bother to answer, I just continued my way down the stairs towards the dark cellar. At the end of the stairs was a dark aisle with multiple rooms along it.