Chapter fifty three: Together

Amelia's pov:

   Finally we are back home, or almost.

   I was sitting in a car, looking at the views of the familiar road. Only one turn and we are finally home. The faint music was playing in the car. Everyone stayed quiet. The traveling had drained all of us and it felt amazing to be back home. Now we could just rest and celebrate Christmas.

       It might sound pretty funny, us demonic creatures celebrating a christian holiday, but for us it mostly means having fun and spending time with our loved ones.

       As we turned to the church's yard I turned to look at Rain who was sleeping peacefully. I looked at him in awe. He was leaning against the car's window, his mouth slightly open. I don't know if I have a heart to wake him up.

      When the car finally stopped others started to move out of the car to get their stuff. I looked Rain again and got an idea. I leaned closer to him, placed my hand on his cheek and gently placed my lips against his. I could feel him smiling against the kiss and his hand rising to the back of my head.

      "Hey." I smiled, separating our lips. "Hey" He smiled back at me. "I wish I could wake up like this everyday." He said quietly. I just looked at him smiling, the glimmer his eyes held as he was looking at me, the slight blush on his cheeks, it was all so magical.

      "We are home." I said after a while. "Really?" He asked, looking out of the window. "Yeah, should we get inside?" I smiled. "Hell yeah, I'm not spending another minute in a car anymore." He said, jumping up. I watched him exit the car and soon after I followed after him. "I'll take your bag." Rain yelled from the trunk. "Oh, thanks Rain." I smiled.

       Both of us headed inside, where others already went. "Hey, could you maybe take my bag to my room? I'll go grab some water." I asked. "Yeah, of course. I'll see you in the common room in a bit." Rain smiled, heading towards our rooms. "Thank you." I yelled after him, starting to walk towards the common room.

       It was pretty quiet in the hallways, I think that everyone headed to their rooms to empty their bags. I grabbed the door handle and pushed open the door. As I walked into the room I firstly noticed Aether who was sitting on the sofa, watching a movie.

      "Hey Aether!" I exclaimed walking closer to him. "Amelia? You guys are back already?" Aether asked. Before I was able to answer, a head shot up from the other side of Aether. "Amelia?" A familiar female voice asked in an excited tone.

      "Sunshine??" I exclaimed. Sunshine was sitting next to Aether on the sofa. She had a wide happy smile on her face, a one that I can't even remember I had seen the last time. "You came home?!" I said, a wide smile appearing on my face. "Yeah, they let me come here for christmas! I thought that Aether told you guys?" She smiled. "He did, I just- It has been so long." I smiled, quickly walking towards them.

      I jumped on the sofa next to Sunshine, wrapping my arms around her. "I'm so glad to see you again. I would have come to visit you, all of us would, but they wouldn't let us." I said, squeezing her tightly. "It's okay, I'm so glad to see you and for the first time in a while, I'm happy to be here." She smiled.

       "Just wait for Cirrus and Cumulus to get here, they are going to freak out." I said, breaking the hug and lifting myself up sitting. "I can't wait." She smiled. "How are you doing?" I asked. She stayed quiet for a while thinking about the question. "Getting better, day by day." She answered. I looked at her, giving her a slight smile. Aether also lifted his arm over her shoulders, pulling her a little bit closer to him.

       Suddenly my phone started to ring. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at who was calling me. It was Evelyn? Why was she calling me? I left the room, telling Aether and Sunshine that I would be back soon. I walked a bit further in the hallway and answered the call.