Chapter fifty five: What's the rush?

Amelia's pov:

My heart was racing. I don't think I have ever been this scared in my entire life. Everyone stayed quiet and I could feel the nervousness in the air. Soon we would step on the stage. In front of hundreds of fans, but it wouldn't be anything like the times before.

     I walked on the stage, Rain walking closely behind me. Like usual, there wasn't a curtain. I could feel the hundreds of eyes staring at us as we walked to the front of the stage. Normally there are so many people at our rituals, but now it was like there was twice more people than usually.

     I could feel Rain grab my hand gently. All of us were there, standing in the line. When I say "all of us" I really mean all of us. From the right side of the line there was Omega, Zephyr, Ifrit, Sodo, Aether, Sunshine, Swiss, Aurora, Phantom, Mountain, Cora, Rain, me, Cirrus and Cumulus. I also grabbed Cirrus' hand, squeezing it tightly.

     I kept looking at the crowd. Some of them stayed quiet, some of them were screaming. Some of the fans had really distrustful or even scared looks on their faces. I really can't blame them, it has been a pretty crazy couple of days.

     Copia walked to the front, now standing in front of us. He grabbed the mic from its stand and started to talk. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in.

     Only a few minutes left. Few minutes before we are revealed to the whole world.

Few minutes before we take off our masks.

One week earlier:

"Okay. There are this group of humans, Christians, who have decided to follow the legacy of Susan and they have talked to the media. They are telling the media the truth about our band and the truth about you. They have been spying on us and capturing videos and photos to prove that you are not from earth." Copia explains.

     All of us stay quiet, listening to him closely. "This has caused a lot of conversations in social media. People are feeling scared and betrayed. They are demanding us to explain and reveal the truth." Copia continues.

     "So humans wanna know if we are really ghouls?" Cirrus asks. "The thought that hell and the ghouls are real might be scary for humans. We are trying to do everything we can to sort this out, while we do that I wish for you to stay here at the church. And please don't go and write anything in the media." Copia continues. "How are you going to sort this out? If they know the truth already, why can't we just tell them?" Sodo asked.

      "It's not that simple Sodo." Copia sighed. "Why not?" Sodo asked. "There are certain rules about what we are allowed to tell humans and what we can't. We have to discuss this situation with the clergy." Copia explains. "I'm going to a meeting with the clergy so everyone, try to continue your day like normal, I promise we are going to figure something out." Copia says, leaving the room.

      "Damn, I thought we would never have to hear Susan's name again." Cirrus sighed. "Yeah, but like think about it. What can the clergy do now if everyone already knows?" Sodo says. "Yeah, but what are you suggesting? That we just go in front of humans and show them? They are afraid of us. They are not going to accept us." Sunshine says annoyed.

      "I don't know. What if they do? They have liked us before, what would be different now?" Sodo said. "Everything will be different. We are from hell Sodo. Until now they have thought that this whole "ghoul" thing is just a show. Now that they know the truth everything is different." Sunshine says. "Let's just let them figure it out just like Copia said. There is nothing we can do about it now." Mountain says, trying to calm them down.

       "Ughh, I hate this." Sunshine sighed, rushing out of the room. "Sunny, please don't go." Aether said and was about to stand up. "I can go Aether." I said and headed after her.