CASE 32

"Fenix, we just got here—we need to go scope the hotel out."

But Fenix only guided me toward the door of the hotel room that we were staying in.

You know, the one that was casually at Caesar's palace in Dubai.

"We can do all that tomorrow," she insisted, knowing that the Scars meeting wasn't happening until tomorrow night, "I have someplace I want to take you."

I raised a brow, walking down the hotel hallway hand in hand with Fenix, "Some place?" I repeated back to her, hoping to get more context.

Fenix hummed as she pressed the elevator button, "Some place as in it's a surprise, Rossi," she reminded me, raising a sharp brow at me as we stepped onto the shiny elevator.

I shook my head at her, smiling slightly as I pulled her into me, "You're really not going to tell me?" I dramatically pouted, staring up at an amused Fenix as the elevator descended floors.

Fenix shook her head at me, sliding her arms around my waist as she pecked my pouty lips, "You're terrible at puppy dog eyes."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Oh yeah? Because I'm pretty great at making you finish," I countered with a raised brow.

Fenix's brows shot up at my boldness, "Damn, Rossi, feeling bold tonight are we?" she questioned, chuckling to herself as her arms tightened around my waist.

I tugged her closer to me by her torso, "More like impatient," I said, easily teasing her further.

And before she could come up with a response, the elevator doors were sliding open and letting us off, leaving Fenix completely silent as we walked through the lobby.

I loved that I had that effect on her—how I could shut her down so easily with my mouth.

In more ways than one.

Soon we were out of the hotel and out on the busy streets of Dubai—with the weather feeling surprisingly warm.

After a short ten-minute walk full of an entertaining conversation with Fenix, she was soon walking us into one of the shops lining the streets.

My brows furrowed slightly, taking in the convenience store.

Why would she take me here?

But that question was quickly answered as we walked straight to the back—watching as a man held the velvet curtain open for us.

And even as we passed through, I seemingly got more confused—looking around a the large room with even taller ceilings than the one we came from.

"A gun shop?" I questioned, looking around the extremely high-end gun shop.

The glasses were polished along with the guns in them that were practically shining like jewelry.

What set the guns apart was they weren't the standard regular black guns... no, instead, they were gold, silver, rose gold—and so many other rare finishes to choose from.

Fenix guided me toward the man behind the glass case, standing with two other men.

It was clear by her lack of answer that she took this surprise thing really seriously.

Almost automatically the men gave Fenix a welcoming smile, "Look what the cat dragged in," one of the men said.

Fenix only smiled, giving them a playfully narrowed look as she said, "Now you know nothing drags me in."

The man rolled his eyes, turning around to the numerous black locked boxes lining the tall wall, which made me wonder what he was about to give her.

"You're lucky we got your order done in time," the man said, grabbing the key from his pocket.