CASE 29

I suddenly placed my hand on Fenix's arms, halting her from grabbing her gun fully as I leaned into her ear.

"Is someone jealous?" I whispered, purposefully teasing her as she did me when I was jealous.

Fenix gave me a narrowed look, "Don't test me," she said, her voice lowered as she carefully stared between my eyes.

Hmm, that sounds like a challenge.

I suddenly looked back to Sky, "That was a really thoughtful compliment, thank you," I said, purposefully forcing a warmness in my voice.

Fenix let out a calm and long sigh, clearly trying to hold her composure, "Back to the—"

"So what is your name?" Sky cut her short, clearly intrigued by me.

I only smiled, mostly because of how hilarious Fenix was, especially when she was jealous.

I had never seen her jaw clench so hard as she visibly let out calm breaths—creds to her for showing some restraint.

But I know I'll definitely pay for this one later.

"Devora," I finally introduced myself.

Sky hummed, "Definitely a beautiful name—very fitting for you," she said, clearly still flirting with me.

Fenix sharply hummed, "Back to the actual topic at hand—"

"So are you single?" Sky suddenly questioned, easily cutting Fenix short a second time.

And at this point, I swear smoke was practically shooting from her ears.

"I mean with how beautiful you are I'd be surprised if you weren—"

But she was easily cut short by Fenix's hand that slammed down on the glass table, easily cracking the thin glass without even trying.

I couldn't help how wide my eyes got, taking in how far I had pushed her. There goes that restraint I thought she had.

I'm definitely done playing games now.

"If you want to continue to breathe actual air—you'll spill the details right fucking now," Fenix said, and this time she actually pulled her gun from the holster, easily establishing her role.

Sky raised a brow, clearly unfazed, "Are you threatening me?" she questioned distastefully, and even I could feel her ego being challenged, especially knowing Sky previously worked with the Scars.

Fenix only smirked in amusement, "Threaten?" she repeated back to her, aiming the gun at her, "I assure you this isn't a threat—it's a promise."

Okay... maybe I shouldn't have played with her patience.

Sky looked at me, easily making Fenix take a step in front of me, "Stop looking at her—she's mine," she said, easily making Sky's eyes widen slightly.

And even if the silence was brief, it felt extremely long.

"Oh, I wasn't aware," Sky quickly said, clearly caught off guard, but Fenix clearly wasn't amused by her excuse, "Look, all I know is that the Scars deal is going down two days from now in Dubai—The Caesar's Palace hotel," she quickly explained.

Thank God we got some kind of intel.

Fenix hummed sharply, "See it didn't have to be so hard—" she motioned me up, "—come on Devora."

And by the use of my full name, it wasn't hard to figure out that she wasn't happy with me.

I didn't hesitate to stand up, avoiding even glancing over at Sky as Fenix guided me out by the back of my neck.