CASE 22

Fenix was definitely right when she said there would be a high-security detail.

I mean, there were seven G-Wagons all parked out front with four men standing in front of each one.

"Noa!" Lunden giggled, pushing her away, but Noa only pulled her back.

And the sight alone made something hollow in me, easily thinking back to Fenix.

"I love you too," Lunden murmured, falling into the kiss with Noa.

Arya laughed, taking in my expression, "Trust me, It's like this every time she leaves the estate," she said, clearly amused by their lengthy goodbye.

I hummed, trying to sound anything but uninterested.

I just wanted to go find Fenix and tell her I wanted to try this—I hated leaving the way that I did.

But she seemed to want me to leave, I mean, we could've finished our conversation—I could've met them downstairs.

But Fenix clearly didn't want that.

"I'll be waiting for you," Noa told Lunden as she backed away toward us.

Lunden hummed happily, "Should I misbehave just to get your nerves going?" she asked, her tone entirely teasing as Noa gave her a narrowed look.

"You should not," Noa said, and the firmness in her tone was enough to even scare me.

But Lunden didn't seem fazed in the slightest bit, turning around to us with an amused smile.

"Ready?" she questioned us both, and Arya didn't even hesitate to nod, leaving me last to nod in agreement.

Lunden let out a content sigh, walking past us toward one of the cars—forcing the men to quickly open the door for us.

As soon as we slid into the backseat, Arya was grabbing the complimentary champagne bottle, "This girl's night calls for a celebration," she said, practically grinning as Lunden eagerly took the bottle from her.

And the term, girls night was enough to make me smile—feeling completely accepted by the beautiful women.

I was so accustomed to beautiful girls being so mean.

But Lunden and Arya were easily proving my mindset wrong.

I couldn't help the squeal that left my lips, easily matching Arya's as Lunden popped the bottle.

"I say Devora takes the first sip honor!" Lunden cheered dramatically with a wide smile.

I couldn't help the grin that grew on my face, "Who would I be to decline such an offer?" I said, taking the champagne bottle from her extended hand.

The bubbly liquid was smooth—and it definitely tasted expensive.

"Oh, no-no, you gotta take at least three more sips," Arya said, causing Lunden to nod in agreement.

I didn't hesitate to practically chug the liquid—I was only holding back to save them some, but I didn't mind going wild with it.

Even if I was a lightweight.

But champagne isn't the type to necessarily get me drunk.

"There you go!" Lunden praised me, taking the bottle from me before she chugged some of the bubbly liquid as well.

Soon Arya was taking the bottle as well, chugging some of it before inevitably handing it back to me.

And we seemed to continue that pattern, talking and laughing as we drank the champagne—until soon we were parked out back of one of the numerous clubs in New Orleans.