CASE 28

My eyes fluttered open at the ringing alarm, letting out a deep sigh as Fenix reached over to turn it off.

The three-hour nap we managed to take left me feeling past well rested—now I was more than ready to head to the exclusive club and hopefully get some good intel.

"Hi," I said, smiling as Fenix turned back around from her phone.

Her tired eyes and frizzy dark hair were a sight for sore eyes.

Fenix's lips twitched upward into a smile, "Hi, Rossi," she said, clearly amused as she leaned down toward my lips.

But I swiftly pulled away, easily making her brows raise.

"Oh?" Fenix questioned, leaning back down toward me for another attempted kiss.

But I only leaned away again, "I need to brush my teeth," I said, knowing I wasn't kissing her otherwise.

Fenix gave me a narrowed look, "I don't think so—come here," she insisted, guiding me back to her by my neck.

I easily turned my head, causing her lips to meet my cheek.

"I can't kiss you with bad breath," I said, not budging on the terms I had set.

Fenix let out a sigh, "Devora."

And by her warning tone, it was clear she wanted her way.

But I wanted mine to.

"Fenix," I said, matching her serious tone with a playfully narrowed look.

Suddenly this wasn't even about the fact that I wanted to brush my teeth before kissing her.

Instead, it felt like a challenge—like some sort of game struck out between us.

Fenix gripped my neck, holding me in place as she leaned down toward me, but I only turned my head away from her—giggling as I wiggled out of her hold.

"Are we really playing this game? Because I can definitely play, Rossi," Fenix said as I sat up from the bed.

I crawled away from her, "I can play—"

But I was easily cut short when her hands grabbed onto my legs, dragging me back to her in one swift move.

Fenix hovered over me, "Give me a kiss," she demanded.

I tapped my finger on my chin, pretending to think as I said, "Well when you put it that way—no."

Fenix gave me a narrowed look, leaning down toward me as she gripped my waist in place.

And just as I turned my head, Fenix purposefully pressed light kisses to my neck, easily lighting something inside of me.

"Fenix," I whined out, realizing how far she was about to take this.

Clearly, no one has told her no before.

Fenix only hummed, sucking down on the tender spot of my neck as she let go of my hips to spread my legs apart.

Suddenly, I wasn't even thinking about the game we were playing anymore.

Not with how hot my body was growing as Fenix tugged at my sweatpants.

She's definitely doing this on purpose—and it's annoyingly working. 

I shook my head to myself when Fenix leaned back up toward my lips, "I hate you," I murmured, pulling her down for a kiss.

Fenix only smirked against my lips, "I hate you too, Rossi."

But the slow and gentle kisses she was placing on my lips definitely proved otherwise.