CASE 25

Fenix didn't even hesitate to oblige, easily pressing her warm lips down onto mine.

I hummed, tugging her closer to me as my body grew so warm I thought I might explode.

And as she deepened the kiss, allowing her tongue to slide past my lips—we could both feel the mood quickly changing.

Even if she was already pressed to me, I couldn't help but hungrily tug her even further into me—arching away from the wall into her.

Fenix instinctively pressed her hand into my lower back, guiding me to arch even further into her.

Goosebumps began rapidly coating my body, sending me into a dizzy state of lust—wanting to quite literally throw Fenix on the bed and straddle her.

But before I could get a chance to act on any of my thoughts there were a few knocks at the door.

Fenix groaned against my lips, clearly not happy about the interruption.

Why does it feel like we're always being interrupted?

I tried to pull away, but Fenix only reached up to grip my neck, holding me in place as she continued kissing me.

"Fenix," I laughed against her lips.

Fenix only hummed, "Whoever it is will have to wait," she insisted, breaking away from the kiss to press deep kisses on my neck.

And somehow I was convinced they would have to wait as well—finding myself so deep in the moment.

But when another few knocks sounded at the door, a breathless huff fell from my lips.

"I don't think they're going away," I pointed out, but when she reached for the zipper of my dress—my thoughts fell to mush, forgetting that anyone other than Fenix even existed.

All of my heavy thoughts were now easily centered around Fenix and very explicit scenarios involving her.

Fenix let out a long irritated sigh, practically forcing herself to take a large step away from me.

"I swear to God this better be important," Fenix said, walking toward the door that she guided opened.

And almost as soon as I saw Vincent standing there, I knew it was about the dinner party that we were ultimately late to.

Fenix gave Vincent a narrowed look, "What is it?" she asked, clearly impatient to hear what he needed.

Vincent gave her a narrowed look, "Noa wanted me to check on you guys—you know, make sure you were alive since you hadn't shown up yet," he informed us, analyzing Fenix's clearly irritated expression before looking over to me.

And I swear my face managed to grow even hotter than it already was, pursing my lips as I looked away from him.

"But clearly you guys are... very much alive," he said, and it was clear that he was clued in on what we had previously been doing.

How is it that Fenix and I always find ourselves in these predicaments?

"We are," Fenix bit out.