Chapter 49

“Uncomfortable?” Yu Cheng’s footsteps stopped one meter away from the bed and he didn’t come any closer.

Wan Tong shook her head slowly. “Chengcheng, I’m so tired. My bones are about to fall apart.”

The soft and gentle voice of the girl was too unfamiliar to Yu Cheng, he was stunned for a moment. His hand hanging at his side trembled lightly, and his eyes kept staring in her direction, faintly reddening.

He controlled his voice and it still sounded calm and gentle. “Then sleep for a while.”

“But I feel like I’ve already slept for a very, very long time…” Wan Tong muttered, but quickly fell asleep again.

The man standing in the room finally moved his body and sat down by the bed, whispering, “Yes, you have slept for a very long time…”

When she slept, she still habitually held her hands together on her chest, her curled and dense eyelashes like a fan, almost covering the teardrop mole at the bottom of her eyes.

In the past hour, Yu Cheng’s emotions had gone from calm to intense, rising and falling. Now, at this moment, his mood was once again thrown to the top.

He knew that this was his girl.

The girl he had lost for ten years.

His slender fingers paused on the side of Wan Tong’s face, but he dared not touch her for real.

He was afraid that this might be just a dream.

He didn’t dare to ask or investigate anything, and if possible, he wished he could hide her away.

Meanwhile, Wan Tong was really experiencing an unpleasant dream. She dreamt of the original owner and Yu Cheng arguing.

The original owner, who knows what kind of stimulation she had experienced, became hysterical, accusing Yu Cheng with a twisted face.

“Yu Cheng! I wouldn’t have become like this without you!”

“Yu Cheng, you should have killed me back then!!”

The scene in the dream was too real, and Wan Tong murmured softly in her sleep, “…kill me…”

When Yu Cheng heard those two words, his expression changed dramatically, and his palm clasped tightly around her intertwined hands.

The warm and soft touch gradually calmed his fear.

The dreaming girl slowly relaxed her furrowed brow.

When Wan Tong woke up from her sleep, she realized that the sun was almost setting. Looking out the window, she could see the spectacular sight of a blood-red sunset.

She sat up and looked around the empty room. Her gaze fell on the camel-colored carpet. Yu Cheng really had it replaced.

She rubbed her empty stomach and got out of bed.

The furry slippers on her feet were very comfortable.

Wan Tong opened the wardrobe with a swish and was surprised to find clothes inside.

However, they were all men’s clothing, including shirts, suits, and ties.

At that moment, Yu Cheng walked in and saw her standing blankly in front of the wardrobe. He quickly understood what she wanted to do.

Wan Tong lowered her head and glanced at her body, which was well-wrapped in a bath towel, revealing only her two small legs, so she did not rush people in a pretentious manner.