Chapter 48

Wan Tong looked up at the man’s exquisite jawline, sorted out her thoughts, suppressed the restlessness and anxiety in her heart, and spoke with a slightly hoarse voice, “Cheng Cheng, how could you come in while a lady was taking a bath?”

That’s how the original owner used to call Yu Cheng. Wan Tong had no psychological burden calling him by that name either, and she felt a familiar sense of closeness.

Upon hearing her voice, Yu Cheng paused for a moment, his arms that was holding her were slightly stiff.

The voice was so familiar, the tone was so familiar, and the look in her eyes was so familiar, that he felt a sense of confusion as if he was in a dream.

No, it had been ten years, and she had never once entered his dream.

At this moment, her eyes were clear, as if he was still the person she could trust the most, as if he had never done those things that hurt her ten years ago.

“Sorry, no next time.” He avoided her gaze, his expression stiff and serious, but his tone was surprisingly gentle. If one listened carefully, there was even a hint of panic.

After leaving the bathroom, Yu Cheng put Wan Tong on the bed and placed a cup of warm ginger and brown sugar water by her lips.

Wan Tong took a sip from his hand before reaching out to hold the cup.

Yu Cheng looked at her probing movements like a small animal, and his deep and quiet black pupils rippled slightly with a wave. But in a flash, he lowered his eyelashes again, covering up the frenzy in his eyes.

“May I help you dry your hair?” His voice was soft, with a cosnulting tone.

Wan Tong nodded, and he picked up a clean towel from the tray and wrapped it around her wet hair, gently patting it dry.

“Chengcheng, why don’t you ask me anything?” Wan Tong sipped the ginger and brown sugar water in small sips. Perhaps out of trust built over many years, she allowed him to lightly massage her head with his hands.

Yu Cheng’s hands did not stop, and in an angle she couldn’t see, his expression stiffened for a moment. “Ask what?”

“…” Wan Tong fell silent. Did he not have any doubts about her identity? Did he just assume she was Bai Wantong herself?

Or maybe, he simply had no resistance to this face?

Neither of them spoke again. After Wan Tong’s hair was half-dried, Yu Cheng changed to another towel and carefully dried the moisture from her white jade feet.

Wan Tong watched his movements intently, and because of the throbbing pain in her temples, she just wanted to go to sleep.

In the original owner’s memories, Yu Cheng was always silent, but he always seemed to appear when she needed him, as if he could instantly understand all her thoughts.

For example, just now, if he hadn’t carried her out of the bathroom, she might have kept washing herself until her skin peeled off.

Yu Cheng squatted by the bed, and only then did Wan Tong notice that he had changed his clothes, but his black hair was still damp.

He seemed to notice her gaze, silently wiped her feet for her, and then left without saying a word.

Wan Tong sat on the pure white bed wrapped in a bath towel for a while before finally accepting this strange but comfortable environment.

Yu Cheng left the room and closed the door. Bai Wanxin and Qian Le just happened to be passing by together.

“President Yu, I’m sorry, we couldn’t get regular clothes on the cruise ship, only evening dresses, but Miss Bai happens to have some clothes that she hasn’t worn yet.” Qian Le had been following Yu Cheng for so many years, and had never had any problems with this aspect before. It was the first time he had handled it, and he still felt inadequate, so he looked even more guilty.