Chapter 54

About ten seconds later, there was no movement from the girl in his arms, as if the sound from earlier was just a dream.

Yu Cheng’s stiff body gradually relaxed. The room’s aroma was sleep-inducing, which was why she slept so soundly every day.

The phone next to her lit up a few times, but there was no sound.

Yu Cheng glanced at the general content on the screen and still reached for it.

After unlocking it, the page stayed on the news webpage, and the search box was filled with “Bai Wantong”.

Yu Cheng pursed his lips and looked at the girl’s peaceful sleeping face.

Ten years ago, all the news had been removed, and it was impossible to find anything after so long.

He took a glance at the search history and then frowned abruptly.

Why was she looking up Zhou Jiang and his psychological clinic?

He hesitated for a few seconds, then opened the messages that had just been received.

The sender was remarked as “detective found online” by Wan Tong.

After Yu Cheng saw this remark, his gaze became colder. He opened a file sent by the other party and browsed it briefly. His expression became even more gloomy in the darkness of the night.

He gently released Wan Tong and got out of bed, walking out.

Late at night, Qian Le received a call from Yu Cheng, asking him to contact a little detective.

He was at a loss, but he could only accept the task obediently. After all, President Yu was the one paying his salary.

As the sky gradually brightened, the first thing Wan Tong did upon waking up was to look to her side.

The pillow and bed were neat and there was no trace of anyone having lain there.

She concentrated and tried to recall. How did she remember Yu Cheng coming and even hugging her?

Was it just a dream?

She remembered that Yu Cheng was wearing white pajamas last night. Maybe she should go and check.

The housekeepers had already cleaned the villa spotless, even the corridor carpet was replaced with new ones.

Wan Tong knocked on Yu Cheng’s room door, but it took a while before someone came to open it.

Yu Cheng, dressed in black pajamas, stood in front of her with an unparalleled handsome face that looked a bit haggard, but it was glowing with the soft morning light. “Good morning, Tongtong.”

Wan Tong glanced at his pajamas and the dark circles under his eyes that he couldn’t hide and said, “Good morning. Did I wake you up? It seems like you haven’t slept well all night?”

Yu Cheng shook his head lightly. “No, I’m a light sleeper. Does Tongtong need something?”

What could she need? She just wanted to confirm whether she had been dreaming last night. She ran her fingers through her hair and shook her head, “No, I’ll go back to bed for a while.”

“En.” Yu Cheng watched her disappear, then closed the door and returned to his bed.

She had been staring at his pajamas just now.

What was she suspicious about?

Yu Cheng sat back on the bed, his head slightly lowered, as if he had turned into a statue and did not move for a long time.