Chapter 38

On that night, Lin Zhiwen didn’t dare to stay in the hospital out of guilty conscience.

She had intended to take advantage of the opportunity when Gu Chenyue was in a low mood to change his perception of her, but she didn’t expect that Zheng Wantong would not be confined.

In her eyes, Mother Gu was just a slightly useful NPC, and she was going to die anyway. What made her even more irritated was that all the “evidence” that harmed Mother Gu pointed to Zheng Wantong. Why was Gu Chenyue still so devoted to her?

Did he care more about Zheng Wantong than his own mother?

Suddenly, Lin Zhiwen had a bold guess, [045, could there be two Raiders in one world?]

[No.] The system’s overly certain answer made Lin Zhiwen feel confused and panicked.

She had been confident in her knowledge of the future, but now that everything had deviated from the original plot, the unknown made her extremely anxious.

Therefore, she needed to remain calm and observe for the time being, not allowing the plot to become any more chaotic.

Without the presence of Lin Zhiwen, Wan Tong confirmed Gu Chenyue’s mother’s condition with the attending physician.

The doctor was an old professor with a kind face. While Wan Tong listened carefully, Gu Chenyue had been standing beside her for a long time without her noticing.

The doctor looked at the two young people and smiled, “Are you Xiao Gu’s little friend?”

Wan Tong was stunned for a moment. Little friend?

However, seeing a hint of relief in the other’s eyes, she quickly realized that this “little friend” might have another meaning.

It meant girlfriend, right?

“I’m a classmate,” Wan Tong said, glancing quickly at Gu Chenyue. She found that his tense expression seemed to have eased slightly.

But it was only a few seconds of relaxation. When the doctor looked at Gu Chenyue, he hesitated and finally just patted his shoulder heavily, “Xiao Gu, you’ve been through a lot. If you have any difficulties in the future, you can come to me.”

Although Gu Chenyue had a stubborn personality, he was very good at maintaining relationships with the people in the hospital.

The doctor’s hint was already very clear. Gu Chenyue’s lips moved, and his black eyes were filled with a layer of water, but the next moment he restrained his gaze and reluctantly uttered, “Can I go in and see her?”

The doctor nodded.

When Wan Tong heard it, she suddenly felt as if cotton was blocking her throat. Next to her, Hu Tiankan’s eyes turned red.

Hu Tiankan was an orphan and had been taken care of by Mother Gu for a long time. Although he was two years older than Gu Chenyue, most of the time he was the one being taken care of.

After the doctor left, Gu Chenyue glanced at Wan Tong. “You go back first.”

His tone was not negotiable at all.

He signaled to Hu Tiankan, “Kan, help me take her back.”

Hu Tiankan frowned and hesitated. Although Gu Chenyue had trusted her, there was still enstrangement in his heart.

Lin Zhiwen is not a good person, and as her former close friend, she must also be a troublemaker.

Under Gu Chenyue’s gaze, Hu Tiankan eventually nodded.