Chapter 17

“I noticed earlier that no one was around Shen Bu,” said one person.

“It’s such a shame, he’s so good-looking and talented, but why is he being targeted?” another person lamented.

“I thought he had the potential to become popular, but now it seems difficult,” added another.

….

The muffled sound of conversation could be heard from outside, and as she lifted her eyes to the nearby Shen Bu, her heart began to feel uneasy.

It’s really hard for the boss!

She gently moved, gesturing for Shen Bu to let go of her.

Shen Bu looked down at her wet eyes, blinked at him a few times, feeling tiny electric currents running through his heart, making him stiff and reluctant to let go of her.

Slowly, his hot palm moved away from her lips, but the other strong and powerful arm still tightly clamped around her waist, forcing her to be close to him without any barriers.

The restroom was already small, but thankfully it was clean, with a faint sandalwood scent permeating the air.

Wan Tong lightly tapped on Shen Bu’s arm and gestured with her lips, “Let go…”

Shen Bu lowered his head and his black pupils blinked lightly, as if he didn’t understand her lip reading, and he even tilted his head in confusion.

For a moment, Wan Tong was charmed by him. After waiting for a while until there was no sound outside, she whispered, “A’Bu, you can let go of me now.”

That slowed-down voice, that breath from her small mouth, all made Shen Bu’s blood boil.

He slowly let go of his arm.

Wan Tong took a step back and then gestured to him to come closer again.

He obediently bent over and leaned in, listening attentively.

He was wearing a silver-gray school uniform-style suit, which was the standard outfit for trainees. His youthful energy softened the gloominess brought by his deep and cold facial features.

Wan Tong whispered in his ear, “A’Bu, have you secretly watched the program too?”

“I didn’t watch it. Chen Jiexiu told me,” Shen Bu’s throat was slightly dry, and his voice was a bit hoarse.

“Your footage was all cut out. I think it’s Lin Jin’er’s doing, but don’t worry, I won’t let you continue to be wronged,” Wan Tong said seriously as she looked at him. She then gently patted his shoulder and continued, “Hard-working people will definitely be seen. A’Bu, the stage of the group battle will definitely make you shine.”

Lin Jiner was one of the program’s investors and had privileges, but Wan Tong was still a mentor and a celebrity in her own right.

She just didn’t believe that she couldn’t make A’Bu famous.

As he listened to her inspiring words, Shen Bu’s mouth twitched, but in the end, he didn’t ask that question.

Why did she care about him so much?

Seeing Shen Bu staring at her blankly, Wan Tong asked worriedly, “A’Bu, what’s wrong? Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere?”

Now that she looked closely, his lips did seem to lack color.

She reached out and placed her hand on his forehead, feeling that it was a bit warm. “A’Bu, it seems like you have a fever. Have you seen a doctor? Have you taken any medicine?”