Chapter 40

Wan Tong said goodbye to Gu Chenyue at his mother’s funeral, but he was avoiding her. She couldn’t get close to him and was tricked back to school by Hu Tiankan.

Since then, Hu Tiankan has blocked her, and she doesn’t have Gu Chenyue’s contact information.

Gu Chenyue never came back to school, and Wan Tong didn’t have a chance to see him again.

Lin Zhiwen also never appeared again, and classmates in school forgot about her. The online rumors about her gradually faded away.

Wan Tong’s life became monotonous and boring. From time to time, her father would take the time to check her homework and make a study plan for her.

In the recent monthly exam, her total score was over 600 points, ranking first in the school, and far ahead of the second place.

This high score has never been seen before in Nineteen High School. The principal even asked her to give a speech on stage, talking about her study methods and personal growth.

People were talking privately, saying that Wan Tong was motivated to study hard by the double blow of Gu Chenyue and Lin Zhiwen.

Under the aura of being a top student, Wan Tong had many people actively trying to befriend her, and she even received many love letters.

On Christmas Eve, Wan Tong was confessed to by the academic committee member from the neighboring class.

Wan Tong replied that she would give him an answer the next morning.

This news somehow spread, and the next day when she entered the classroom, five or six girls quietly asked her for the answer. After all, the academic committee member from the neighboring class was good-looking and had a good personality, and there were quite a few girls who liked him.

Several boys in the class were also trying to eavesdrop, feeling anxious and worried that they might lose Wan Tong to the academic committee member from the neighboring class, even though they knew they couldn’t compete with her.

Wan Tong didn’t respond to anyone and just followed the updates on the school forum on her phone.

After the first class, Wan Tong went to the neighboring class and waited for the academic committee member at the door. The boys around her were making ambiguous whistle sounds and cheering.

The academic committee member was a bit shy and came out nervously. He took Wan Tong to the rooftop.

“Zheng Wantong, I…”

The class monitor had just opened his mouth when he suddenly caught sight of a tall figure approaching. As soon as he saw Gu Chenyue’s cold and handsome face, his words got stuck in his throat. “Gu, Gu Chenyue…”

“Am I interrupting something?” Gu Chenyue approached slowly, his school uniform jacket not fully fastened and his school badge not worn properly, giving him a bit of a rogue look.

The class monitor quickly shook his head, feeling like crying but having no tears. “No!”

“Then please leave us for a moment.” Gu Chenyue only gave him a cold glance before fixing his fierce gaze on Wan Tong.

The class monitor looked worriedly at Wan Tong and quickly ran away.

“Hu Tiankan blocked me, and I don’t have your contact information.” Wan Tong leaned against the wall and spoke softly to Gu Chenyue, her tone filled with undisguised grievance.

After more than a month of not seeing each other, Gu Chenyue’s hair had grown longer, covering his beautiful eyebrows, and calluses on his knuckles were more prominent. He exuded an aloof and distant aura with a hint of wildness, which was particularly attractive.