Chapter 35

During afternoon self-study class, the originally quiet classroom somehow became noisy.

Lin Zhiwen’s phone kept vibrating, so she took it out to take a look when she became irritated.

As a result, she saw a scandalous post about herself on a forum.

After reading through the post, her mind was in chaos. Who could it be? They even recorded her conversation with Zheng Wantong!

It’s over, she had been set up.

Various communication apps on her phone kept receiving messages, all of which were incredulous inquiries. The interpersonal relationships she had built seemed to have completely collapsed at this moment.

Lin Zhiwen became agitated and turned off her phone, but she found that everyone’s eyes seemed to be intentionally or unintentionally focused on her, making her feel uncomfortable.

She couldn’t even wait until class was over, so she quickly grabbed her backpack and ran out!

Although Dongping Building had low customer traffic, almost all of its customers were upper-class people, and their conversations were very elegant.

In Wan Tong’s memory, the original owner had come here to eat with her parents.

In the afternoon, she went to the nightclub to find Gu Chenyue, but couldn’t find him. Later, Hu Tiankan saw that it was unsafe for her to wait there, so he told her about this address.

He said Gu Chenyue was having a date here.

Wan Tong sorted out the plot and then thought of a possibility.

One of the reasons why Gu Chenyue could work in the nightclub was because of the appreciation of the owner’s daughter.

The owner’s daughter had just graduated from college, five years older than Gu Chenyue, but because he had saved her once, she had some indescribable affection towards him and often asked him out to eat.

This time she was going to have dinner with Gu Chenyue, probably because she had suffered a double blow of a breakup and unemployment and wanted to find someone to talk to and vent her emotions.

If the plot hasn’t changed, the owner’s daughter proposed to date Gu Chenyue and even used his work and debts as a threat.

Gu Chenyue had previously advanced a sum of money for his mother’s surgery, and he really couldn’t pay it back at the moment.

However, he still refused, and this matter alarmed the nightclub boss, but he was not fired. Instead, the owner’s daughter was restrained by her family.

Afterwards, Gu Chenyue went to fight in the underground boxing matches, and after getting enough money to repay his debts, he left the nightclub.

Wan Tong stood at the entrance of Dongping Building for a long time, watching people coming in and out until she saw Gu Chenyue’s figure coming out at 8:30 pm.

He didn’t look too good, with a slight frown between his eyebrows.

As she was about to approach him, she noticed a young woman in a little white dress following him, and she stopped in her tracks.

Wasn’t this young woman Chen Jiajia, the daughter of the owner of Gu Chenyue’s night club?

“Gu Chenyue, don’t forget, you still owe my family money! And, isn’t your mother still going to have surgery? Don’t you need money?” Chen Jiajia shouted after Gu Chenyue’s back.

Gu Chenyue paused in his steps and turned to look at her. “I’ll repay the debt, but I won’t make any other transaction.”

Seemingly provoked by his indifferent expression, Chen Jiajia burst into tears and ran up to him from behind, hugging his waist!