Chapter 68

Huoyiming restrained his uncontrollable powers, and he embraced Wan Tong tightly in his arms. He called out softly, “Tongtong, don’t be afraid, you will be fine…”

There was a subtle panic in his voice.

He thought that with his abilities, he could protect her completely.

But now, she was still hurt right in front of his eyes.

He clenched his teeth tightly, and a faint taste of blood spread in his mouth. His blood seemed to slow down because of the cold.

Xu Qing looked at him like that, and had to try to use his healing powers on Wan Tong’s wound.

Not even five minutes had passed, he was already sweating profusely, and the green energy ball in his palm had weakened, but her black wound showed no signs of improvement.

He didn’t dare to persuade Huo Yiming anymore. He was Huo Yiming’s good friend, and he knew how crazy Huo Yiming could be for Li Wantong.

Even if Li Wantong turned into a zombie, Huo Yiming might still keep her by his side, even if it meant going against the whole world.

The bedroom fell silent again, and everyone was waiting.

Gradually, strange things started happening.

Xu Qing watched as the black wound slowly shrank in size.

Could it be that his healing powers were really working?

Not just him, Huo Yiming also stiffened for a moment, and then couldn’t contain his excitement. He said in a hoarse voice, “Try again.”

He still held the girl tightly and dared not move, but his heart felt like it was being swallowed by a black hole, a mix of fear and panic. The more he hoped, the more he feared disappointment.

Xu Qing shook his head and sighed, “I’ve used up my powers.”

He had been staring at the wound and now he noticed that, even without his powers, the area of the black injury was still decreasing.

Half an hour later, there was a knock on the door of the bedroom.

Because there had been no answer for a long time, the people outside were particularly anxious.

“Should we rush in and take a look? Has something really happened to the Boss? Did that woman turn into a zombie?” It was a female voice.

“We’ve heard about Boss Huo’s romantic affairs, he wouldn’t really treat the woman who turned into a zombie as treasure, right?”

“Let’s go in and take a look. So many people saw Li Wantong being scratched, it must be true. I’m just afraid the Boss will do something foolish.”

Everyone exchanged words, but Qiu Jiji maintained a serious look in the middle of them, not speaking.

But as she saw everything unfolding according to her plan, she secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

What a bunch of fools.

When Liu Ting hesitated to knock on the door again, the door suddenly opened, and Huo Yiming’s figure appeared.

“What’s the matter?” He looked impatiently at the crowd, his gaze cold and piercing as if it could reach the depths of their hearts.

“Boss, the zombies on the other building have been taken care of, but many people say they saw Wantong being scratched by a zombie. We are worried about your safety, so we came to check on you.”

As Liu Ting spoke, everyone tried to peek into the room.

There seemed to be a figure lying on the big bed, but they couldn’t tell what was happening exactly.