Chapter 16

In the evening of the next day, Wan Tong and Su Ruojing met in a coffee shop.

Maybe it was Wan Tong’s illusion, but Su Ruojing seemed a bit strange today, and her gaze at Wan Tong was particularly intense.

Su Ruojing handed a business card to Wan Tong and said hoarsely, “I heard you’re looking for a producer. I don’t know if he meets your requirements.”

Upon seeing the name on the business card, Colin Hoffman, one of the internationally renowned music producers, Wan Tong was both surprised and amazed.

She had been searching for a producer to collaborate with, but she had never dared to even think about someone of his caliber.

Naturally, she was very tempted.

But what does Su Ruojing want to do by throwing out such a big temptation at this time?

Su Ruojing kept his gaze locked on Wan Tong, seeing her clearly tempted but restraining herself from showing it, and a small arc of a cold smile appeared involuntarily on his rigid mouth.

“Don’t worry, I just want to help you, without any ulterior motives,” Su Ruojing added the last sentence, and even he himself was shaken for a moment.

How is it possible that there are no ulterior motives?

Wan Tong didn’t try to be coy anymore, and took the business card from Su Ruojing. “Okay, thank you,” she said.

Su Ruojing’s mouth twitched, and after a moment, he spoke again. “You did a paternity test, and now I know the result too.”

Wan Tong wasn’t surprised, as this was something that was bound to be revealed sooner or later.

“Brother…” she called out, but didn’t know what else to say.

Perhaps it was the lingering emotional influence of the original host, but she always felt a sense of suffocation in her chest.

Even though she never brought it up, the original host still had a deep attachment to her brother and her family.

“I’m not your brother,” Su Ruojing threw out coldly, turning his head to the side.

Wan Tong pursed her lips and muttered to herself in her heart, “How heartless.”

She carefully tucked the business card into her purse, and out of gratitude, she stayed in the coffee shop for a while longer.

Su Ruojing seemed to be lost in thought, occasionally shooting her a deep gaze.

Feeling uneasy, Wan Tong quickly finished her coffee and left.

As he watched her figure disappear, the coldness in Su Ruojing’s eyes receded, replaced by a burning flame.

Just as he was about to leave, a figure in red sat down in the spot where Wantong had been sitting just moments ago.

Su Ruojing furrowed his brows slightly and leaned back. “Who are you?”

The other person looked pretty good, dressed in designer brands and seemed to come from a well-off family. However, he had just returned to the country and didn’t seem to know such people.

“Hello, I’m Lin Jin’er,” the person said, with red lips and extending her hand.

[074, this guy looks handsome, can I play with him?]

[As long as it doesn’t interfere with the mission, follow the host’s preferences.]

[That’s good then. Compared to Shen Bu, I prefer this one. He looks… impressive.]