Chapter 58

Yu Cheng was very angry and made a mess in the office, but when Wan Tong asked him about the reason, he became calm again and even took her out for lunch as usual.

Seeing him like this, Wan Tong naturally didn’t ask any more questions.

It wasn’t until the afternoon that she caught Qian Le and got some information out of him, confirming that it was related to her.

However, Qian Le refused to disclose any specific details no matter how much she asked.

Wan Tong became even more curious about what kind of information caused Yu Cheng to be so emotionally unstable.

For the next few days, she could feel the low pressure that Yu Cheng released from time to time. Although he disguised it well in front of her, the atmosphere of the entire company felt like it was winter.

When they received the news that Father Bai was in a coma and hospitalized, it happened to be late at night. Wan Tong and Yu Cheng rushed to the hospital where Chen Yun and the pair of step-children were already waiting in the ward. All three of them had red eyes, and it was unclear if they were really sad or not.

Father Bai lay quietly on the bed, his old face covered by an oxygen mask, his eyes closed, and he had not yet woken up.

“Ah Cheng, you’re here,” Bai Wanxin was the first to greet him.

Yu Cheng lightly held Wan Tong’s cold wrist and furrowed his brow, asking, “What happened?”

“After dinner, Dad went into his study and didn’t let anyone disturb him. Later, when we brought him some supper, we found him unconscious,” Bai Wanxin replied.

“What did the doctor say?”

“There’s nothing serious, he should wake up tomorrow.”

With a relieved heart, Wan Tong sat down by the bedside and held Father Bai’s slightly cold hand.

However, Chen Yun suddenly came out and spoke discontentedly, “You don’t have to pretend to care here. Even if you have the same face as Bai Wantong, you don’t have the life of a rich man’s daughter. You’d better leave before Old Bai wakes up and is shocked by your face.”

Wan Tong glanced coldly at her but didn’t speak. After all, Bai Wanxin had not done a paternity test to confirm her identity as Bai Wantong.

Thinking that Wan Tong was a pushover, Chen Yun was about to scold her again to vent her anger. But suddenly, she heard a cold voice from Yu Cheng.

“You don’t need to interfere.”

Chen Yun was startled by his cold voice, and looked at his expression. Her heart skipped a beat, but she still felt angry and unwilling. “Ah Cheng, Old Bai has raised you as his son and I have been good to you in recent years, what’s with your tone?”

“Is that enough?” Yu Cheng frowned, his icy expression intimidating. Even Chen Yun, who was an elder, felt immense pressure and took a step back from Wan Tong, not daring to speak again.

“Mom, why don’t we go out first? Ah Cheng and Wantong also came to see Dad out of good intentions,” Bai Wanxin spoke up at the right time. “Ah Cheng, my Mom is just too worried about Dad and spoke too harshly. Don’t blame her.”

“Yes, let’s go out first,” Bai Ziyan also chimed in, but he stood far away the whole time as if he was detached from the situation.

Only then did Chen Yun reluctantly follow them out with a sullen expression.

After closing the door, Chen Yun grabbed Bai Wanxin’s hand. “Xinxin, Yu Cheng seems determined to be with that woman. What are you going to do? The dead old man even left most of his property to Yu Cheng.”